Color and texture

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bizzy323Bizzy

Reaction score
How come some of my plants have different texture the one in the picture is the texture I am looking for but not all of them look like that. What brings that out low humidity ? Also my friend is growing the same strain but his come out looking super purple. Why?

Attachments

• EC7B55EC-6C46-4921-A015-78E6EB1C41E2.jpeg
    EC7B55EC-6C46-4921-A015-78E6EB1C41E2.jpeg
    60.5 KB · Views: 7
  • A7DA6F31-5C14-404E-A50A-A2B101849A15.jpeg
    A7DA6F31-5C14-404E-A50A-A2B101849A15.jpeg
    186.7 KB · Views: 8
Texture?

I would need to feel that bud to give you a response.

What brings that out? What brings out texture?

im not sure humidity has anything to do with texture

ask your friend how he grows….like what type of soil , what nutrients , what his his environment like , lights , humidity , air control and air flow , temperatures , drying and curing techniques , and Ph of his water…stuff like that

now if you are growing exactly like your friend , you should get the same results

since you are NOT getting the same results , his are more purple , you are doing something different than your friend

find out the difference and let us know!

I have heard that phosphorus in abundance will add purple to the plant...

I'm growing Dutch passion passion fruit and they're supposed to be purple. I'm kind of wondering the same thing because mine aren't purple. I got the seeds out of a 1 lb pack that was completely purple, completely. I was reading that exposure to colder temperatures makes plants turn purple.

Attachments

• 20220527_165334.jpg
    20220527_165334.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 1
Could be the Phenotypes of the parent plants , they will create seeds that when grown can look different from each other .

I'm growing Dutch passion passion fruit and they're supposed to be purple. I'm kind of wondering the same thing because mine aren't purple. I got the seeds out of a 1 lb pack that was completely purple, completely. I was reading that exposure to colder temperatures makes plants turn purple.
Cold does promote purple. I think they recommend a 15 degree difference between lights in and lights off so say 75 with lights on and 60 with lights off.

My GDP didn’t turn purple like I wanted it to I think it was the temperature for sure as my flower tent is in my utility room which is warm all year especially in the winter when my gas furnace runs more. I don’t think that the color mattered in how the herb turned out tho. It was wonderful weed. I grew a second crop with clones and dropped a couple more seeds for my third crop as I really like that stuff. I do wish tho that I would have had some pretty purple color tho. My tent averages around 80F and the plants grow pretty good in the environment so I’m not that upset.

Latest posts

Back