Color me Bud

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

W ï l l

hash for humanity
Reaction score
checkmark.gif
HPS

checkmark.gif
CFL

checkmark.gif
CFLs

checkmark.gif
Tube

checkmark.gif
CFLs

checkmark.gif
Tube

checkmark.gif
Tube

checkmark.gif
Tube

So what is a grower to do? Fluorescents have colors galore to choose from...most of which are full-spectrum. Finding info on a bulbs full specifications is kinda tough...it'd be nice to know the nanometers and the colors of the spectrum that a bulb is strong in other than just going by warm or cool. Like one of those nice VHO actinic blue CFLs or a tube even. They peak at 420 nanometers....shouldn't every stage of growth be getting the right color or blend of colors in order to achieve maximum growth? Not just...broad spectrum, which while covering the bases...are also casting wavelengths not being utilized...so why bother powering something that goes outside the area of the spectrum best for the different stages of growth?

As in...the plants aren't seeing, let alone utilizing greens....so why bother powering a light that is emitting green wavelengths?

I'm of the thought that the best formula to go with regarding light is the 'more is better' method. So I've gone and thrown those all those various cool colors into the veg hut in the hope that with that much diversity casting at any given time, whatever wavelengths make for better development of various types of growth ought to be being covered.

The first change noted from previous grows...none of the younglings currently growing has stretched. Not even close to stretching. Growing so compact, with barely any room between the nodes that I'm wondering if I should induce a bit of stretch to avoid growth that becomes too dense and blocks available light.

lol....not that I should be worrying about not having a light handy for sticking where the sun isn't shining! :cool:

Latest posts

Back