Colorado

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bejohnst

Just giving everybody an early heads up. In Colorado Amendment 44 will be on this November’s ballot. The amendment is lessening the penalties for having in your possession less then one ounce of marijuana (If 21 years of age or older). There will be a fine no greater then $100 for this offense. This is the same thing that was passed in Denver last year but this is state wide. So if you live in Colorado get your ass registered to vote and support this! If you guys are looking to volunteer to get this passed check out http://www.saferchoice.org/

I have friends in Colorodo and If it wasnt for family I'd move there.

I appreciate your update 'johnst...just thought to keep it "coagulated"..;)

I live in Denver, and it's not as cracked up as it seems. Sure, the new law does state that having less than an ounce of mary jane will only be treated as a misdemeanor, but it can go either way. It really depends on the judge you get, they can go with the new law making it a misdemeanor, or they could evoke the federal law. So it sucks, since I was really exited as well, thinking that marijuana might be legalized in Denver. So in a way it doesn't really matter, but please do vote to pass it, even if it is little progress, it's some progress.

oz, I thought the problem is they were enforcing the state law and not the federal law? I'm sure they could still get you under federal regulations but for under and ounce I think it would be more trouble then its worth for them.

I believe the real issue, is not how much you have been caught with, but you have been caught. If you are looking for a new job and the company does a background check, guess what it is on you record. You have just lost that job. Our great government (US) is going to screw us all. One must remember that our elected officials invest (stocks) in the legal drug makers and our greatest drug dealers are the doctors. Our government does not what people to know the truth about weed. They are more concerned with profit, than the well being of another.

Grim,

It's up to the judge, their interpretation becomes "common law" and does change from time to time. Look at the whole shabang with the 16th amendment to the constitution.

Latest posts

Back