Colors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StonedCold

Reaction score
I've often wondered this: Certain strains or more susceptible to changing colors of the bud and the leaves (i.e. Blue Berry, Blue Mystic...), but what factors contribute to this? I might have a Blue Mystic, that or a WW, but I would like to create the deficiency or lockout necessary to create the hues of color. I have seen the bud picture of the month, Fing57 I'm calling you OUT!!!!:headbang:

Actually you need fairly cold temps and @ night in particular.

look at fings pictures. He has 2 of the "picture of the month" the one which won he lighted under his MH bulb for the pic which worked wonders on appearance only untill it was turned off, still purps but nothing like that picture.. still nice.
its all about cold.

Yeah, I got to say that it really trips peoples triggers when they see some smoke that is really pretty like that. Makes it hard to chop a plant that looks that good, but I can do it LOL
smoke in peace
KingKahuuna

the cold actually cause a nute deficiency. you can simulate that without the cold.

Umbra seems to be on the same wavelength as me right now. The cold cause the lock out of which nutes though that causes this change. I think it is so cool, and I've gotten this far, I just want to wrap this up in style at this point.

Flava FLAAAV!:shocked:

But thanks for the idea of cold. It is probably more feasible to chill my plant by the window at night than to pick and choose the lockouts without stressing my plant. How cold should I let it get? I plan on putting the thermometer upstairs in the spot I would use for the night just to experiment before going through with this. I don't want to wake up and have a frozen plant. As of now, the plant is 68 nights and 88 days with 20% humidity, but it is a DARK DARK healthy green.

Once again, how cold is the ideal target here?
How far from clipping the plant should I start this? I am at flower day 37 and I am thinking day 50-60 is the target for an uplifting high.

Depends on the strain. I had some grown outdoors that didn't mind the cold at all, temps as low as zero C. While others did not like the cold temps at all. Trial and error I suppose. And I would definately go the cold temps way and not the nute lock out imo.

cool temperatures inhibit the uptake of "P", causing a defficiency, which expresses itself as red or purpleing of the plant.

Latest posts

Back