1. Bud of the Month: Frank's Gift grown by thegloman
    Dismiss Notice

Come to learn and share

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Aksarben, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Feb 26, 2019 #1

Aksarben

Aksarben

Aksarben

I originated in Nebraska, but now live in Michigan. Since it has now become both legal for medical and recreational I started growing a couple of plants inside. I'll post questions to that in the appropriate forums I work in the lab of a winery and have been making wine since 1971 off and on, but now get paid for my winemaking experience and knowledge and still learn stuff all along the way.

Good to meet you all! Hope to learn and perhaps contribute as I can.

OK.. came back to this post to ask simple question. Last summer I started loosing visual acuity that was permanent (Opthamologist) first in left eye and then last November in right eye. Less so in right eye now, but I have been able to reverse it a bit and gain back some of my vision after using some marijuana products. CBD and concentrate vape pens... But, my vision is still a challenge and I was looking for a way to make my posts at a certain font and font size in a permanent manner. Is there a global setting I can do to change the font and size of my text? Appreciate that info. Thanks!!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
    Pus and Mucus, Rosebud and oldfogey8 like this.
  2. Feb 26, 2019 #2

Keef

Keef

Keef

Welcome to MP !-- This is where MJ knowledge lives !-- We got a place here for folks like U !-- Home of the Old Farts Club in the coffee table section -- You're welcome to join us is U wish ?-- Bunch of Old Farts growing some weed and hanging out !- Many of us got health problems that we treat with weed in one form or another !-- I slipped on a wet floor --shattered my face and injured my neck!--I spent most of a decade as a legal morphine junkie -- They kinda adopted me here and taught me how to treat myself -- I take cannacaps !- It's just activated weed ( decarbed ) packed into gel caps -- I take 3 doses a day and get around fairly well most times !-- I'm learning the art of wine -- Just a mere student of the craft !-- I make fruit wine then condense it by freezing off about half the water ?-- I could use some pointers ! -- I can't help U with computer tech -- I'm a reformed recovering smart phone assassin !-- I'm lucky just to be here !

Aksarben and Rosebud like this.
  3. Feb 26, 2019 #3

Hamster Lewis

Hamster Lewis

Hamster Lewis

Furry Moderator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Welcome to MP. I will ask your question in the Moderator section and see if I can get an answer for you. I am not sure what Operating system you are using but this link is for Windows 10>>>https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028566/windows-10-change-the-size-of-text

4. Feb 26, 2019 #4

Aksarben

Aksarben

Aksarben

THANKS! Yes, I can change the size of text using (CTRL) + center mouse movement. That changes text sizes overall in a browser window. I can also change default text view globally in my laptop in settings. I have Windows 10, unfortunately. Should have stays with 8.1 but thats a different story... I've put computers together, build-repair-upgrade since mid 1980s. Software defaults in forums can be a bit challenging though. I like Book Antiqua with the font set at 5. Not too obnoxious then, but still readable (larger) fairly well without over crowding the page.

Hamster Lewis likes this.
  5. Feb 26, 2019 #5

Hamster Lewis

Hamster Lewis

Hamster Lewis

Furry Moderator Staff Member Admin Moderator

I got an answer and no it can't be done on the site, so you will have to adjust things on your end. I actually like Windows 10 at this point.

6. Mar 14, 2019 #6

burnin1

burnin1

burnin1

Welcome!

Aksarben likes this.
  7. Mar 14, 2019 #7

drcree

drcree

drcree

retired pg
    glad you are here

Aksarben likes this.
  8. Mar 14, 2019 #8

Aksarben

Aksarben

Aksarben

Thanks all! I am a 65 year old newbie. Grew up on a farm/ranch in NW rural Nebraska, hence the spelling of Nebraska ... backwards. I've raised apples and wine grapes in Nebraska before moving to MI to work as an Associate Winemaker at a winery. Pretty much do all the lab work, and used to write spray and work orders for the vineyards. Now that we have a new vineyard manager, I spend most of the time doing lab work. The winery is very interested in growing industrial hemp, and I suggested they might concentrate on CBD rich hemp.

Only been using Marijuana since around the end of Dec. 2018. So definitely wet behind the ears on it. I have used it to help with some of my sight recovery when I was diagnosed with ION, an optical condition that has killed some of the light nerve receptors and on the left eye gives me spotty vision.... literately. The right eye showed the similar symptoms in November 2018 and I ha a lot of inflammation and some vision loss on the right eye as well, making me use extra reading glasses along with my bifocals just to be able to read smaller print. Since using marijuana and CBD on a daily basis a lot of my vision has returned in my right eye, the inflammation is gone and my eyesight seems to improve little by little.

MUCH better than that crap Prednisone that the put me on and I promptly weaned off it as quick as I could. Not liking the 300 and 400 range in my blood glucose while using it. So just going on, looking to learn, read, and understand more about the myriad of Terpenes and cannaboids that are useful to help the human body.

I sincerely believe that THC all and by itself is not the answer to healing, but rather the "whole" of the plant, it's varied Terpenes and things like CBD, CBN and the many other cannaboids.

And I thank you all for your honesty and candor!!!

drcree likes this.