Advertise On Marijuana Passion

Companion Planting

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
Aloha fellow enthusiasts---long time no see---companion planting has fascinated me for some time---for those unfamiliar---it simply refers to the symbiotic relationship between different plants growing within the same area---for example---tomatoes thrive when grown with asparagus, basil, carrots, and lettuce---they tend to struggle when grown with corn, peas, and brussel sprouts---flowers and herbs ward off or attract insects that may be beneficial or harmful---some plants exude nitrogen while others eat it up---then of course you have the gorilla veggie gardener growing tomatoes as coverage for their herb with no plans of ever eating a single tomato---with not much out there on companion planting herb with anything other than neddles for trichome production---anybody out there got anything to share :D

orangesunshine

Drama Free
Reaction score
Hey orangesunshine, good to see you. I am getting into companion planting. There is actually a lot to it. There are flowers, too that are good companion plants. Most plants can benefit from marigolds planted nearby. I have found that basil is a good companion plant for most things, too.
hey THG---good to see you---long time---hope you are settled in at the new pad---yep stealth guerrilla flowers herbs veggies and pot that pass the 1st glance look from afar for me this year---learning the relations of the what plants are best companions---was hoping we had some experts here to chime in---i'll spot up with a list of what i got soon

electricPuha

Reaction score
i plant white clover in my tomato and chilli planter bags
seems to not be too competitive with weed either indoors ... if it starts getting too big i just cut it back leaving it on top as a mulch
outdoors i grow next to russian comfrey and during flowering cut the comfrey and mulch around plants (think its high in potassium)

yooper420

AladinSane
Reaction score
I usually plant a couple pots of Marigolds along with my cannabis plants in my grow room in my garage. In 9 years have never had a bug.

Latest posts