Compassion my a$$... My med story

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torontoke

Reaction score
Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if anyone will even care to read it but i just had to type it out if for no other readon than to just get it off my chest.

Over the last couple yrs i have been experiencing more and more lower back pain. In june of last yr i was on a job site working away and when i picked something up i felt a tear in my lower back and couldnt stand up.
The next morning i went to the hospital and they said i had pulled a bunch of the muscles that run vertically.
They sent me for catscan and mri.
And it turns out i have arthritis in my lower back and 4 bulging discs.
I was put on light duties and was on them til dec.
On a rainy morning going to work i was in a head on collision after another driver decided to risk my life beating me into a driveway.
It has caused more damage to my back now upper, my neck is still tight.
I have a psycotherapist for my depression and anxiety.
Havent been allowed or able to work since dec.
So far i have switched family doctors, seen a physiotherapist, psycotherapist, massage therapist, accupunturist and a chiropractor.
Absolutely nothing gives me any lasting relief from the pain or spasms in my back except marijuana.
Not one of the doctors ive seen would even hear me out about filling out my paperwork for a pot script. But no one flinches when i tell them i have a 200 a month percocet script.
Well after go through a million websites i found a dr in bc who would gladly do my paperwork for a small compassionate fee of $550.
Unfortunately i only receive exactly my rent amount from my insurance company so thats out.
The other day i was at the flea market and theres a guy with a both who proceeds to tell me that he specializes in getting people scripts.
He has a friend thats a dr and thats all he does. Apparently even if u only get migraines he can guarantee anyone a script for a small fee of 250.
Now in what possible way does it make sense that someone like me with 4 maybe 5 of the criteria health canada requires cant get his papers filled but anyone with a migraine and 250 to burn can get it no questions asked.

Ridiculous
The fact that everyone and everything now a days is a giant cash grab saddens me the most. I am forced to brake the law because i cant afford not too.
I know that this was perhaps another waste of my time but it made me feel better for a few minutes

Good luck is right, that is horrible that you have had to go thru all of this. It is a plant, right...sheesh, Don't give up.

Thanks i will gladly take all the luck i can.
Unfortunately the only way i can get my card is if i win the lottery.

The thing that pisses me off the most is everyone using the term compassion.
The fact is no one seems to have compassion anymore

It's all about the money, my friend. If it wasn't for the massive amount of money being created by this legal pot thing, it would never be legal anywhere.

It's an open floodgate of money. That's all anyone cares about.

only think they care for is their wallets man
canada's in a sad state ATM :(

i feel for ya.. glad you got the cahones to do what needs to be done for yourself. it's so depressing all the others like you relying on this fraudulent system.

unjust laws need to be broken.

And to make matters worse most canadians are to cowardly to stand up and fight back.
I will grow my own without feeling guilt or nervous and hope i dont get busted but even if i do i have nothing to lose so i will gladly stand up in a court and have a judge look at my file and try to find fault with something ive done.
I dont care if i have to spend the rest of my life fighting for my rights i will.
Id almost love to go to court just so i could argue and hopefully win then id make the government pay for my script too or my benefits.

what a crock---bummer you have to deal with all that nonsense---imo---you should build a medical file of all ailments visits prescriptions etc.. so that when and if that day does come u be standing before the judge for possession you got your medical documentation in order to show you are treating yourself/self medicating cause them S.O.B 's be giving you the run around

We should all be grateful that it's all about the money. If there was no money in it, do you think the politicians would have any reason to legalize it?

All the money associated with legal pot is the vehicle by which we are finally getting pot legalized in this country.

We better hope they don't decide to just legalize CBD pot (or derivatives) and keep THC pot illegal. The floodgates are open and the money is moving way too fast for anything like that now but, who knows what the future may bring.

Pay the $250, get your card, get on the machine.

If it was that easy i would have just paid it and been done with it.
So do i not pay my rent or not buy groceries? Think my landlord will understand lol.

If you don't have the $250 for the card, you probably don't have the money for the cannabis either. LOL If I were you, I would stop paying the rent. Then, you'll have enough for the card, the pot and some left over for the munchies. LOL

Just kidding, bud. I am sympathetic.

We should all be grateful that it's all about the money. If there was no money in it, do you think the politicians would have any reason to legalize it?

All the money associated with legal pot is the vehicle by which we are finally getting pot legalized in this country.

We better hope they don't decide to just legalize CBD pot (or derivatives) and keep THC pot illegal. The floodgates are open and the money is moving way too fast for anything like that now but, who knows what the future may bring.

Pay the $250, get your card, get on the machine.
if there were no money in it.. they'd likely leave us alone.
i do honestly wonder if we'll ever see cultivation legal.. the landscape of the med system screams for just sales to be legal (if anything)

Well the government says the main reason the are trying to overhaul the whole program is to phase out organized crime and drug dealers.
But that a load of bullshit.
If they wanted to get rid of the organized crime and dealers than the smartest thing they could do is plant it everywhere and flood the market then instead of 200 an oz it would be worthless because who would buy what they could just grab at the side of the road.

Its another one of those situations where a politician can put a nonsensical spin on something that is obviously a lie.
Everyone will vote for trudeau because he says he will legalize it then a month after he is elected he will say he cant or the us will put pressure on them

And everyone will just accept it and move on

Im not sure if this is the right place to post this, or if anyone will even care to read it but i just had to type it out if for no other readon than to just get it off my chest.

Over the last couple yrs i have been experiencing more and more lower back pain. In june of last yr i was on a job site working away and when i picked something up i felt a tear in my lower back and couldnt stand up.
The next morning i went to the hospital and they said i had pulled a bunch of the muscles that run vertically.
On a rainy morning going to work i was in a head on collision after another driver decided to risk my life beating me into a driveway.
So far i have switched family doctors, seen a physiotherapist, psycotherapist, massage therapist, accupunturist and a chiropractor.
Absolutely nothing gives me any lasting relief from the pain or spasms in my back except marijuana.
Not one of the doctors ive seen would even hear me out about filling out my paperwork for a pot script. But no one flinches when i tell them i have a 200 a month percocet script.
Well after go through a million websites i found a dr in bc who would gladly do my paperwork for a small compassionate fee of $550.
Unfortunately i only receive exactly my rent amount from my insurance company so thats out.
The other day i was at the flea market and theres a guy with a both who proceeds to tell me that he specializes in getting people scripts.
He has a friend thats a dr and thats all he does. Apparently even if u only get migraines he can guarantee anyone a script for a small fee of 250.
Now in what possible way does it make sense that someone like me with 4 maybe 5 of the criteria health canada requires cant get his papers filled but anyone with a migraine and 250 to burn can get it no questions asked.

Ridiculous
The fact that everyone and everything now a days is a giant cash grab saddens me the most. I am forced to brake the law because i cant afford not too.
I know that this was perhaps another waste of my time but it made me feel better for a few minutes

Your story speaks for MANY that are all rowing from the same boat. Thank you for sharing it!

You and I have much in common and i can really relate to all you shared.

I keep trying to think positive, and trust that one day soon these silly cannalaws will all fall to the wayside.

If we cant legally cultivate, than we will all keep doing what we have for years!

Thanks again for sharing TT

:48:

I payed $100 bro it sucks but like you said it's a cash grab what was even worse was I was sent to an LP that sells garbage and when I wanted to switch you guessed it another $100 sucks man. Contact TILRAY and they will help you out. They are the best LP in Canada hands down

Ridiculous

You have no idea bro... It's a complete loopholed scam. Legit doctors give away the signed perscription for a fee of their choice and they will issue them for any reason at all! In california, its ridiculous, I actually went in to see the doctor which was full of about 40 people. within 1 hour, all 40 people walked out with a marijuana card. I actually brought real health documents for insomnia, and the doctor said, oh no, thats ok, here ya go! Like he didn't even give two craps! Every single person I know, has went into this place (mind you this one place is where 80% of the people in the Bay Area go to get recommendations) and they all got approved saying they had migraines or insomnia with no medical proof what so ever lmao! Its legit, as its a real doctor giving you the prescription for it, but a scam, well I guess not a scam, but a corrupted doctor whos doing it for any reason to make money. Its illegal, but really no way to prove it unless one of the people getting the card snitches, which... unless an undercover... who would? Although this is in the country of USA and not canada, and California non the less... The card was a measly 40 bucks for the whole year... And this is where iv'e gone for the past 4 years and has held strong with every and any cannabis club I've gone to all over Cali. Sorry bro.. 250? Fuckin A!

I don't understand how you can afford to grow and purchase the supplies and equipment, but cannot afford $250??? I'm not trying to be ugly, just reasonable! Pay the $250, and buy the cannabis. Growing is so much more expensive IMO!

yo guy sorry fr your hardship but lets be realistic here you lifted something that tore muscles in your back out of curiosity how much did it weigh ???? did you ever think fr one moment that it would take maybe two people to lift, Hmmm you were at a jb site this makes me think that most job sites stress SAFETY that i am probably sure you signed the back of book so you lifted something Wrong so YOUR FAULT REALLY
Sounds like your in Canada ???? if thats the Case then health care would of cost you nothing
You mention Arthritis ??? could it be when you were younger you thought it be soo cool to show the girls how you didn't need a winter jacket when it was cold out ??
Again your fault really for not dressing up
So now your on the TAX PAYORS DIME WCB or AISH >>> >>>???? either one pays pretty good but not only that being a pot head you thought this would be the easiest route to getting a Card right Cause MJ is the cure of all cures which i am sure you read going thru your million sites right ???
Funny Body builders tear muscles to build muscles you ever though about going to the gym and strengthening your back
so tell me everytime you smoke a joint all the pain is gone ha la lu yea right ????
there obviously is a reason Doctors wont give you a card people you ever think about that and dude some doctor in BC giving you a signed mj card hahahah cmon dont throw your money away cause each province has there different health care system and i would bet that signed paper would not be worth @ss wipe in another province especially when your not a resident of BC that would be the only way it would be if you were there visiting in ontario that it might be allowed so please ....
may be you should look at harder drugs like heroin, opium i herd those drugs really make you feel no pain

Dr.fever, health care does not cost nothing in Canada, we pay for it through our taxes, and the health care sucks.

Latest posts

Back