Complete Lowryder #2 Grow Guide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could mix soils and all that but really your first grow I would just grab some Happy Frog soil or fox farm Ocean forest and not worry about. Your most likely going to encounter things that take away any benefit you get from mixing your soil Its not going to matter that much in the end at least on your first grow. After you have everything down to a science making adjustments like that might be worth it.

manels1111 said:
You could mix soils and all that but really your first grow I would just grab some Happy Frog soil or fox farm Ocean forest and not worry about. Your most likely going to encounter things that take away any benefit you get from mixing your soil Its not going to matter that much in the end at least on your first grow. After you have everything down to a science making adjustments like that might be worth it.

That sounds easier. Do i need to add anything to the happy frog like lime, perlite, etc?
Then i guess i just need big bloom for vegging and tiger bloom for flowering, or equivilant for nutes?

Nope start to finish fine with happy frog. No perlite, lime or anything. Now after a few grows you might think it needs a little tweaking but its going to be just fine for your first few grows.

Correction on your nutes. You want Fox Farm Grow Big(veg nute) for veg of course and Fox Farm Tiger Bloom(bloom nute) for blooming. Addtionally Fox Farm Big Bloom is a non burn nute that you can use from start to finish with no problems. Its basically just an additive with lots of goodies but no real nutes that will burn.

manels1111 said:
Nope start to finish fine with happy frog. No perlite, lime or anything. Now after a few grows you might think it needs a little tweaking but its going to be just fine for your first few grows.

Mother f***er !!!!! This is the 3rd attempt to post a reply and the frigin server is too busy with less than 100 people viewing???? bulls***, and i lose my 10 minutes of typing every time!

Great news about the no mixing, it less for me to mess up.
The girls (i hope) look great! The leaves are really getting fat and the stalk is getting thicker. I'll post pics later as it is raining today and i cant garden or ride my harley.
Last week i was sooooo lost, now i seem to be almost be fitting in and understanding the terms and things spoke about in posts and threads.
Again, thanks for your assistance, peace to you friend.....

:woohoo:

Day 23 I have basically 4 females now out of my original ten seeds. I have one male still creeping along under a small cfl in another room. I transplanted my 4 females today in 3 gal bags and watered with regular water. I will give them a full strength shot of Grow Big veg nutes next watering in around 4 or 5 days. From there I will start with the bloom nutes.

Here are some pics.

102_1797.JPG

102_1798.JPG

102_1799.JPG

I've started 13 more lowryder #2 seeds that should pop soil tomorrow or the next day that I'm going to ad to this grow as well.

Iv'e followed all of your past GJ's and this one is the most informative & Very Insparational!! great thread! def will follow!!! Still buying supplies...**** is expensive, but I am a perfectionist!! I want everything before i set-up & start germation... trying to achieve 24 females out of 40 beans in 3 gal bags under 1000HPS in a 56" x 56" x 78.75" tent...One quick question....so you say it's better to start the seedlings in 1 gal pots instead of 18oz cups?? <(reason i was starting them in those were because of my so-called vegging stage lights/area...I will be using a 4' HO T5 4 daylight blue bulb floro @ 1-2" from tops for 2wks under 20/4 of light over 40 cups, (autos love the blue spectrum)... then swicth to 18/6 for the HPS with the 3gal bags..) I dont think I would get enough light from the floro to cover 40 1 gal nursery pots??? whatta ya think? cause everyone tells me to start them in bigger pots, not cups...But as you & I both know Granddadytoke statred his in small containers and has had the biggest yeilds on autos on MJP!! i'm just confused!!! I got all the nutes you mentioned as well as what he used..maybe it was the supplements he used?....which i have purchased also...

Oh BTW, what was your best defense against bugs/insects? a friend told me you cant go wrong with ladybugs...?

Thanks for following along.

so you say it's better to start the seedlings in 1 gal pots instead of 18oz cups?

I missed named my starting pot. Its actually 1/2 gallon. Its actually a tad to big in actuality. You would be fine in my opinion with some a little bit smaller and get no root bound. I have pictures below of the 3 containers I have used as my starting pots. Only the small black did I get root bound. The green ones the plants were just starting to get root bound and the black ones not anywhere close.

Also Grand Daddy was growing AK47 so I don't really know about those plants. They might not get as much vigirous root growth or it could just be the way I'm growing them.

Anyhow I also posted some picks of my last grow in 3 gallon bags and would say they are probably just barely over kill. They were definantly not root bound but the roots were all through it pretty good as in the picture below.

Here are the pics.

Pic 1 is 3 gallon bag without bag
Pic 2 is 3 gallon bag without bag holding up by chopped stem
Pic 3,4,5 are of the 30 day old females
Pic 6,7 are of the 13 seeds I planted a few days ago
Pic 9 is of the 3 different starters containers I have used. Only the small black ones did I definantly notice a difference because of root bound.

102_1806.JPG

102_1807.JPG

102_1808.JPG

102_1809.JPG

102_1810.JPG

102_1811.JPG

102_1812.JPG

102_1813.JPG

Never had a bug problem with lowryders for some reason and my grow basement is a dirty mess. I'm guessing either the bugs don't like the basement or the lowryders are so quick bugs can't really get established.

Man, Thanks For The Quick Responce And Great Info...especially The Clearification On The Pot Sizes...i May Try Half With The 18oz Party Cups,<<lil Wider & Deeper Than The Reg. 16oz Ones, And The Other Half In Those 1/2 Gal Pots To Compare....can You Tell Me How Wide & Deep Those 1/2 Gal Pots Are??? Wanna Do Some Measuring Before Buying... Thanks Again!!!

No problem ask anything you want anytime.

The small black container is square in shape and is 4" wide by 4" tall and tapers to 3" width at the bottom. That puts its volume at roughly 1/4 gallon.

The green pot is 6"wide by 5" tall and tapers to 4 1/4" wide at the bottom. That puts the volume at roughly just under 1/2 gallon pot 45% of a gallon.

The bigger black pot is about 6" wide by 7" tall and tapers to 4 1/2" wide at the bottom. That puts the volume at almost exactly 2/3 gallon or 66% of a gallon.

So after doing the calculations 2/3 gallon for a starting pot is way big enough and can handle the plant well into the fourth week around 23 days roughly.

The green pot is almost a half gallon just under and did about the perfect job for me almost root bound if not a little by the time I sexed them.

The other pot was way to small to not effect the plant at all.

A party cup is 18oz at 1.8 cubic inches per oz that puts you at 32 cubic inches. 231 cubic inches in a gallon puts you at 14% of a gallon. You can try it but just get them suckers transplanted as soon as possible.

Also why don't you just start your plants under the 1000w?

Just to clarify...my last grow was started in in those small containers and you can see I did plenty fine with those I just think they affected the size some what of my plants by I still got an oz per plant so really I think you will do just fine with what you want. Once everything is dialed in maybe you have your own ideas of cup start size.

Manels GREAT THREAD BEST INFO FOR AUTOS THAT IVE READ!!++ I have one question what was your total yeild or should I put it out or your grows what was the highest yeild and how many plants? I grow DWC with 3 sunblaze t-5 4 foot 8 bulbs per= 432w per fixture. Do u know or have read anybody doing a auto grow in DWC? And would my lights (changing bulbs of course) bring me a good yeild with LR? Thanks for this thread its makeing me think about going back to soil for a round. Very insperational bro. Many reps for u!!

you know, I thought about it, but i have been told and read that autos love that blue spectrum in the begining for MORE bushier plants/tighter node spacing = MORE BIGGER/DENSER Buds...My goal is 20-25 females out of 43 beans @ 2oz per plant dry...,(keeping 3-5 males to pollinate & do some crosses with 2-3 girls...I have 5 diff strains of autos beans) using HAPPY FROG SOIL in 3gal bags, SUPERTHRIVE B+, FOX FARM GROWBIG, BIG BLOOM & TIGER BLOOM..UNDER 20/4 HRS OF dayltght blue HO T5 6500K floro's for 3 wks, (or until sexed!) along with VOODOO JUICE, TARANTULA, AND PHIRANA, and then 1000HPS under 18/6 rest of the way,USING BLACK STRAP MOLASSES, OPEN SESAME, BEASTIE BLOOMZ, CHA-CHING, AND CLEAREX..:hubba:

manels1111 said:
Also why don't you just start your plants under the 1000w?

I have one question what was your total yeild or should I put it out or your grows what was the highest yeild and how many plants?

I'm still learning tons after 4 grows but my first grow I got somewhere around 9oz of 12 plants if I remember correctly. My second grow which was during the dead of winter and had lost of problems got got 1/2 oz per plant on 4 plants. My last grow with 8 plants got around 8 to 9oz.

I've seen some lowryder grows get well over 1oz per plant I just haven't been able to do that yet. I think I need to let me plants go longer which I intend to do for this grow. I'm thinking about letting go until full amber trichs and see if makes any difference on weight.

Do u know or have read anybody doing a auto grow in DWC? And would my lights (changing bulbs of course) bring me a good yeild with LR?

I have seen a few grows with DWC but never a good grow journal and never really seen what a DWC growing can do with them. I think you could do great with a DWC with lowryder as they grow so fast. I can only bet if you have DWC dialed in you can do very well with them. The only problem with lowryder is trying to figure out your nute schedule as they start "flowering" while they are practically seedlings. Do you give them veg nutes while they are pistolling or do you start with bloom nutes pretty much right away. I'm still tweaking my schedule trying to figure it out and thats in soil which is probably a little more forgiving then DWC.

uptosumpn

I love your setup as you describe and can't wait for your grow to begin. I will definantly be watching. 2oz a plant is a lofty goal and I would love to see you make it as I would copy everything you do if so. I've never had under 50/50 ratio male to female with my beans. In fact my first grow I had 15 seeds and 1 didn't pop and of the 14 I got 12 females lol. I think thats very realistic on the female goal, but really thats out of your control so I wouldn't worry about that to much.

Day 36 for the older plants and Day 11 for the smaller. I just finished feeding for the second time Tiger bloom and Open Sesame. Next feed schedule will be moving to Tiger bloom and Beastie Bloomz.

By the way I completly forgot about my male plant in the other room and he died so going to have to use one of the males that comes off the smaller plants.

102_1816.JPG

102_1817.JPG

102_1818.JPG

102_1819.JPG

102_1820.JPG

Latest posts

Back