Complete noob; Creating a grow Space

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, if you start liking growing like the rest of us poor suckers, you gonna need another light for taking them clones and setting up both veg and flower areas...maybe a few....you gonna grow in dirt I guess, what kinda nutes?

Like I said growing is an addiction !--Look at these grow junkies ?-- What y'all gonna recommend for seed ?-- Don't be talking him into some of that Road Kill Skunk -- Have him stacking carbon filters -- Maybe a nice fruity fast finishing Indica ?-- Or one them monsters from Bohdi ?
Some feminized seed for sure !

I’m on my 3rd or 4th experimental light...got one workin well now and I have a spare light that I can move around to cover some sprouts or something as needed...

Good call. You will be much more satisfied with the light. Did you buy seeds yet? Are you going with indica or sativa?

Hey.

I started looking at seeds last night. I thought I found something but then I say some comments about the web site I was looking at so now i am starting over.

Here is a little about my history so you know where I am coming from.

My experience with cannabis is really limited. Back in the 1990s until about 2004 were my party days. MDMA was my drug of choice because I was big into EDM music and going to raves and all that nonsense. Occasionally I would take a hit off someone’s joint, but for the most part I just preferred X or coke. I don't do any of the shit anymore. I cleaned myself up years ago and now all I do is drink. Even that I am doing less and less. I decided to quit drinking beer altogether because it was making me fat. Now all I do is maybe 1 or 2 vodka crans in the evening before going to bed.

Still it would be nice to be able to pop in a movie on a Saturday night and have a little fun. Or if a DJ I liked came to town be able to go out enjoy the music and not get hammered with alcohol. A few years ago I had a girlfriend of mine bring me some Wana brand edibles from Colorado. These were sativa dominant gummies. The package said they were 10mg THC in each gummy. I found them to be very strong and they REALLY fucked with my head. Almost felt psychedelic, like I had dropped acid or something. (I used to do jellies too). In certain situation this was OK, but I didn't want to be around people. All I wanted to do was sit in my room and listen to music. I tried taking 1 at a concert and it got so intense I had to get a friend I was with take me home. So long story short, I do not think sativa dominant strains are for me. LOL

Given this, I would like to try out Indicia heavy strains to see if I like those better. Maybe like 85%/15% something like that. Something that gives me a good body buzz, but won’t make me sleepy and something that does not get into my head too much. I’d also be interested in a strain I can use when I am out at a concert or something like that.

Also, since this is my first time, something that is easy to grow. What about auto-flowering strains? Are they worth using?

Can you suggest a seed bank?

Thanks all

I recently picked up some Purple Punch at the dispensary and liked it so much that I ordered seeds. It is a cross of Larry OG and Grandaddy Purple. It is pretty stony. Anything that is 85% indica is probably going to make you at last a little sleepy.

If you are serious about growing and want quality plants, I'd stick with photoperiod plants rather than autoflowering.

M - I was a legal Morphine junkie for most of a decade and now make my own medicine --I use weed orally for medicine and smoke for pleasure -- I make cannacaps and sometimes a coconut oil extract -- My thoughts on edibles
are take about 3 of these caps and have a regular brownie !-- Have 2 !-- They go good with coffee and donuts as well !
Steak will work !-- The cannacaps are just empty 00 gel caps that are packed with weed that has been baked to "activate "( decarb) the THC !-- U can adjust the dose to suit your mood -- It just happens to be great medicine for just about anything that ails U !-- What's gonna happen is U start with 2 plants then family or a friend gets sick U do some research and find out we can treat that with weed -- 2 plants aren't enough and U get another tent !-- It's the nature of the beast !--

OK, fair enough, stay away from auto-flower varieties.

Hemp Goddess, I think saw a post from you recommending QA Seeds as a good source. I am looking on that site now...there's just too many to choose from...LOL

The Blue Kush sounds great. Looks like it is fairly easy to grow and is about a 50/50 hybrid, so shouldn't make you antsy. Dinafem is a quality breeder.

I also really like Hashberry. Mandala is a great company and my favorite strain is their Satori. However, Hashberry is not available in a femmed seed, so you would have to grow more and weed out males. As you are growing in a small space, this may not be possible or desirable.

Although I did get good service from OA Seeds, I made a seed order with a California company last week and expect my seeds any time. Wanted to see if I could keep my business on this side of the Atlantic. Weirdly, they do not seem to be much faster than ordering from Europe, though. Looks like it is probably going to take about 2 weeks total.

Well, I went with the Blue Kush. Ordered them last night. I also sprang for the express shipping. So hopefully i get them in about 4-8 days. Super excited to get them in and get started.

Fellowsped, thanks for you suggestion. I had already placed my order by the tie you chimed in or I would have checked yours out. Plus, for some reason, I've got blueberries on my brain. I decided I want that to be part of the strain I get for my first time.

Hemp Goddess; I would be interested to know your result from getting seeds states side. I would also prefer to buy in the US but for one reason or another I ended up at OASeeds.

And now for the most stressful part of this whole process. Hoping "the Man" does not take an interest in my precious cargo incoming. Here's hoping they have bigger fish to fry and my 5 little seeds will come home safe.

I ordered Mimosa seeds from Artizen Seeds which is in Seattle. They have the Purple Punch THG grew. Took about 2 weeks to receive but they are in the states and the Symbiotic Genetics line all look pretty densely frosted. The Mimosa came highly recommended by umbra and my wife loves it. Very relaxing smoke. Smells like an orange creamsickle. I didn’t like having to send them a cashiers check but their communication is very good(responded within a few hours) and said after my initial order, I could pay other ways. Seeds were expensive but they came in the original breeders packaging and I had 100% germination as well as some freebie seeds.

The seed will get thru !-- Blueberry ?-- I do like some blueberry weed !-- got 5 babies to sex soon - I stacked 2 of Umbra's blueberries - it can't help but be blueberry !
Mimosa ?-- That one is a keeper !

Yes. The Mimosa will be in my tent for as long as I can keep cloning. I have 4 healthy clones of her going now.

I can understand that OF - I think I read she was one of the 5 most desirable varieties last year ?-- I got a mixed bag going -- I got a bunch of newly rooted cuts off a revegged girl and a bunch of seed plants that need sexing !--

Mimosa does sound like a good one to put on the list. Lots of people swearing by them. But of course that is a little ways down the road for my little farm.

OldFogy8; Glad you have a good US source. I will check them out next time.

Keef; Your posts are a little tricky, but i like them. It always take me a minute to get its meaning. LOL

Got my first equipment delivery today. It's like Christmas in September. :) ...or maybe Hanukkah since I will be getting deliveries all week.

M- Cuz I had a pretty severe head Injury about 20 years ago -- I ain't right !-- Traumatic Brain Injury -- 4 metal bars and a fist full of screws in my face -- PTSD -- It's OK to think I'm a little strange !-- I am !-- It's hemp got dammit !-- Prove it ain't !--

It's all good Keef, you do you. As the late great Jim Morrison once said,

People are Strange.

I certainly am. LOL

Latest posts

Back