COMPOST!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buds_killington

Reaction score
what are some things you like to put in your compost pile for your MJ plants? would you recommend putting in trimmings from another plant and some banana peels and eggshells? what should you keep out of your compost?

Pretty much anything can go into your compost pile except: Meat and dairy products, human, dog, or cat poo, grease and oil, glossy paper, diseased plants, and bread products. There may be a fe things I have forgotten.

I use grass clippings, wood shavings and chicken poo from coop cleaning, plant trimmings, coffee, tea bags (remove the string, label and staple), shredded paper, wood ash. Fruit and vegetable trimmings are good additions, but my chickens usually get that. I cut things that are big into smaller pieces, crush eggshells.

I love making soil from garbage!

i've been throwing in fruit and weeds that i pull from my garden. i also have a crab apple tree that i have no use for so i figured the apples would make good compost.

Fruit and weed should be fine. However, you want to have a combination of both green and brown stuff. You might want to do a little online research. There is a ton of info on composting.

Weeds seeds take longer with a higher temp to eliminate them from spouting.

Duck, I thought of you yesterday when I saw a sprout of a squash plant that made it thru my compost. Ha. didn't get hot enough did it. I will let her grow and see what it is in my pot garden.

Latest posts

Back