Computer Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WeedHopper

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hey Gang,,just thought i would start this thread where peeps could come and ask questions.
I use to build Computers so i know a little about them and might be able to help. If i don't know the answer i will research it for you or maybe someone else can chime in.
I was a Moderator on Woodys Lounge for about 4yrs. Thats the guy that wrote all the "Books For Dummies" series.
Anyway,,hope it can be a useful thread sometimes.

Advanced System Repair Pro

I highly recommend this program. It is like having your own Computer Tech 24/7. I pay 34.00 every 3 months.
It will scan and keep your computer running smoothly. Fixes issues before they become a problem. If I had put it on my Wife's I wouldn't have had to do a Recovery on her computer.
Anyway. Check it out if your interested in keeping your computer running smoothly.
Advanced System Repair Pro has proven to be one of the best system optimizers in the software industry. Your PC can be scanned, fixed, cleaned, optimized, and protected from all types of malicious threats and malware. The team behind this excellent software program is an Accredited Member of the Better Business Bureau

https://advancedsystemrepair.com/

Last edited:
If you want to make your computer run faster,,one of the easiest things to do is to top out the Memory on the mother board.
The more memory the faster it can process your demands.

I had to buy a new laptop a couple of months ago. HP low end(not chrome book low end but close). Every time the system wakes up, the connection speed is sub-5 mbps. I changed my wireless router from dial band to 5Ghz only. I have set the device settings do it only connects to 5Ghz. I even had a few long conversations with HP tech support. They couldn’t figure it out and wanted to sell me 2nd tied support. For a brand new laptop. I laughed at the guy but not a ‘you’re funny’ laugh. A ‘are you f’ing kidding me’ laugh. Tried to return the POS but Walmart won’t take electronics back after 30 days. I had it for 35. The only thing that works is disconnecting from my wireless network and reconnecting. The. It zooms along at 110 mbps. Easy enough fix but aside from replacing the wireless card(it is probably not swappable anyway), any ideas why this thing is junk?

I don't allow my computers to sleep. I set the power options to be on at all times. When we go to bed we shut the monitor off. Next morning or when we go to use it we turn the monitor on and it's like we never left. It's not going to hurt the motherboard and the processor won't be doing shit because your not using your keypad or mouse.

Hi ya WeedHopper, I just got a new Window 11 desktop. I sure could use some help when I have a question thank you.

I had to buy a new laptop a couple of months ago. HP low end(not chrome book low end but close). Every time the system wakes up, the connection speed is sub-5 mbps. I changed my wireless router from dial band to 5Ghz only. I have set the device settings do it only connects to 5Ghz. I even had a few long conversations with HP tech support. They couldn’t figure it out and wanted to sell me 2nd tied support. For a brand new laptop. I laughed at the guy but not a ‘you’re funny’ laugh. A ‘are you f’ing kidding me’ laugh. Tried to return the POS but Walmart won’t take electronics back after 30 days. I had it for 35. The only thing that works is disconnecting from my wireless network and reconnecting. The. It zooms along at 110 mbps. Easy enough fix but aside from replacing the wireless card(it is probably not swappable anyway), any ideas why this thing is junk?
Hey fogey, are you still having a problem with this? Device Configuration for the wireless card might have an "allow the computer to put this device to sleep" option. Or similar option to control sleep mode.

Hi ya WeedHopper, I just got a new Window 11 desktop. I sure could use some help when I have a question thank you.
Anytime Ness. If I don't know the answer I will find it.

Latest posts

Back