Computer Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the laptop is fried chances are the Drive in it will still be good. You can take the cover off and take the drive out and us an external Drive docking setup and get all your stuff of the drive and load on to a new drive. Also if you are running windows 10 or 11 you can take the drive out and just put it into a new computer and it will load up the drivers needed to run in the new setup. You may need to manually load a few drivers but you may not need to. If you need some info I will help you get it fixed if I can. But the laptop may be fine also. What did it do after you spilled the drink on it.

Spilled a big glass of unsweet tea on my lap top maybe 2 hrs ago. Fuuuuuuuuuuuk. I feel like I'm only going to get one chance to open it tomorrow and for how long who knows. I am going to need to copy everything off the laptop onto a new one. I have financials, work forms, tax forms, private client information, invoices, accounts receivable / payable, a bunch of real important stuff that if I loose, I am going to have one heck of a time getting back and probably could get in trouble come tax time or professional license audit time. And, no, hardly nothing is in the cloud, whatever that is, on purpose, though I am sure some government agency could find it if they wanted. Be nice to hook them up usb to usb and hit a button somewhere. I been working on it to hold a charge. I am going to sleep on it now and come back and see what anyone says in the AM. Mrs. Monkey is worried it might catch fire tonight as lithium batteries and liquids don't mix well together. I think it would have happened by now. Probably ought to smoke another one. I was just getting ready to unwind a little when I spilled that glass, go figure.
Soak or clean it in Alcohol. Needs to be 90% or above and it will not hurt your computer. That is if it's not to late. You can clean the board and everything with alcohol. It will also dissipate any water.

A lot of ppl don't realize you can take a glass of alcohol and drop your phone in it and it will not hurt it. Just needs to be above 90% alcohol.

These work well for what you need to do....

1697801353356.jpeg

You might not lose the laptop, though. I once had one sit on the tarmac for hours in the pouring rain. It was practically floating in the bag when I finally got it. I pulled the battery out, dried it with a towel, then left it in front of a fan for 24 hours. It worked fine after that, well as fine as Dells ever work.

Latest posts

Back