Computer Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey fellow smokers I just wanted everyone to know since we are talking about computers there is a new scam out there. Three days ago, my computer screen went black, and it said to call Microsoft at a given number on the screen to fix it. When you call the number, it really sounds real, you get the same accent that you get when talking to a Microsoft tech and they will tell you that someone has hack into your phone or computer and is trying to order from your credit card or debit card. They will try and tell you do not use your phone to make the call to close your credit card account and they will ask for the number, and you can talk to them through their phone. What they do is connect you to one of the hackers and if you give them any information, they got you. Just wanted to let you know.

Hey fellow smokers I just wanted everyone to know since we are talking about computers there is a new scam out there. Three days ago, my computer screen went black, and it said to call Microsoft at a given number on the screen to fix it. When you call the number, it really sounds real, you get the same accent that you get when talking to a Microsoft tech and they will tell you that someone has hack into your phone or computer and is trying to order from your credit card or debit card. They will try and tell you do not use your phone to make the call to close your credit card account and they will ask for the number, and you can talk to them through their phone. What they do is connect you to one of the hackers and if you give them any information, they got you. Just wanted to let you know.
If you get a screen to call Microsoft that’s always a red flag. Hell we had a large scale enterprise corporate account and it still took hours and call backs. Might as well try to call Bill Gates as Microsoft technical support.

I like the ones that call and tell me they are from tech support. I grab them by the nose and ruin their day

I originally purchased the retail version of Windows 7 pre release so I got both 32 and 62 bit for 99. The difference is OEM goes with the machine but retail copies are lifetime. So on top of my original 7 I put 10….then 11 and now it has a major issue with chipset drivers. I didn’t turn on setpoints on 11 but I realized I still have my 10 from months ago when I updated my drive so I will move back to that and see if it fixes the issue. I really don’t want to clean load it to 11.

Thats not a new scam brother its been around forever.
Hold the power off button down until the computer shuts down, wait a few minutes, and restart,,, then get a good Anti Virus, scan your computer for Malware, Trojans and Viruses where it won't happen again..
I've seen many ppl fall for that scam. They usually pay 150.00 for absolutely nothing, and now have given their credit card info to hackers,,who they also have given control of their computers too.

Last edited:
Actually to scan you want a bootable offline scanner or at least boot in safe mode then run your AV/Malware scanner.

I have Bit Defender and Advanced System Repair Pro. Keeps all my devices clean and running smoothly.

BitDefender is pretty good. They used to have a good online scanner too. Bad infections though require offline scanning. I worked in the IT/PC field for many years. Specialty was virus and malware removal. There are a couple that do a really good job scanning with Windows running but you got to know how to use them correctly.

You are correct. If you have a problem and no Virus protection you should use an online scanner and probably in safe mode. I use to build computers back in the day when it was cheaper to build a good system than buy it. I used Frys Electronics store a lot back then buying Processors, Motherboards, and hardware. Built my 1st computer in 1998. It was a Pentium 933 I overclocked to 1050. 😁

pics/photos

many members post pics and I would like to look at them

but it takes forever to download them

why?

cause the size of the pic is to big and they need to be resized?

my pics are like 2500x2500 and then I resize them to 800x800

the 800x800 load much faster

pics/photos

many members post pics and I would like to look at them

but it takes forever to download them

why?

cause the size of the pic is to big and they need to be resized?

my pics are like 2500x2500 and then I resize them to 800x800

the 800x800 load much faster
I had not considered that the site wasn’t reducing them. I will reduce my pictures from now on thanks

I had not considered that the site wasn’t reducing them. I will reduce my pictures from now on thanks

yeah I do not know if the pics are reduced or not and it could be we have sketchy internet issues out here

thanks for the feedback

I originally purchased the retail version of Windows 7 pre release so I got both 32 and 62 bit for 99. The difference is OEM goes with the machine but retail copies are lifetime. So on top of my original 7 I put 10….then 11 and now it has a major issue with chipset drivers. I didn’t turn on setpoints on 11 but I realized I still have my 10 from months ago when I updated my drive so I will move back to that and see if it fixes the issue. I really don’t want to clean load it to 11.
I refuse to move to 11. And it is forcing many people to buy a new computer because their older motherboard wont have the security chip on board and it wont install without it. I have some copy's of windows 11 that have bypassed that security issue but I still hate it. I have also shut off all updates to my windows 10 system.

Microsoft not very long ago announced the coming of Windows 11 as a free update for Windows 10 users. This is very exciting, of course, but then we learned that certain Windows 11 system requirements are not as they seem. You see, in order for folks to experience what Windows 11 has to offer, they must first have a computer that supports TPM 2.0.

I refuse to move to 11. And it is forcing many people to buy a new computer because their older motherboard wont have the security chip on board and it wont install without it. I have some copy's of windows 11 that have bypassed that security issue but I still hate it. I have also shut off all updates to my windows 10 system.

Microsoft not very long ago announced the coming of Windows 11 as a free update for Windows 10 users. This is very exciting, of course, but then we learned that certain Windows 11 system requirements are not as they seem. You see, in order for folks to experience what Windows 11 has to offer, they must first have a computer that supports TPM 2.0.
This is nothing new. Every operating system they have ever produced including DOS worked this way

So True. And now Bill Gates is even more of a turd than when he ran microsoft. I think that's why his wife divorced him. He's EVIL...

HAHA I'm sure. After I retired from Grocery store and Restaurant repair I did Computer and cell phone repair for elderly and retired people for donations but I told them they didn't have to pay me if they didn't have the money. Most people didn't pay me anything but I didn't need the money anyway. After a couple of years of that I stopped doing that because people were just starting to annoy me with stupid questions. I think I was just getting old and cranky.

Latest posts

Back