Computer Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey fogey, are you still having a problem with this? Device Configuration for the wireless card might have an "allow the computer to put this device to sleep" option. Or similar option to control sleep mode.
Thanks. I verified that option was unchecked in the configuration options. I found a workaround. If I disconnect and reconnect to my wireless router, the speed is normal. Still irks me though…

I really wanted a 64 but the 128 had just come out although there wereonly a handful of programs to run

Tandy 80 wasnt it , called a Trash 80?

Radio Shack was huge with the trash 80. It was a TRS-80. That was before the Tandy name. At some point I got a Tandy TL1000. Can you imagine if you had a smart phone in those days. Like fire to a cave man.

And, that wasn't really all that long ago.

Radio Shack was huge with the trash 80. It was a TRS-80. That was before the Tandy name. At some point I got a Tandy TL1000. Can you imagine if you had a smart phone in those days. Like fire to a cave man.

And, that wasn't really all that long ago.
Moore’s law

So can you stay awhile or is this just a trip down memory lane.
I'm in, I'll have to teach TJ how to get on MP so he can let you guys and gals know what's up with me if something happens.

Morning Hopper. Getting use to Window 11. Hopper Window 11 has no slot for a San Disk, so I tried to download my picture with an attachment cable. One end in PC port and the other into the camera. It didn't work I don't know if the cable I used is the right one. Would any cable with a ubs port connecter and a small slot for a camera work. Or does it have to be a certain one made for the camera. So, now I'm stuck on starting my thread no picture no thread. I'll get it fix sooner than later.

Hopper I hope you can understand me. Have a great Sat. You working? 🙃

Morning Hopper. Getting use to Window 11. Hopper Window 11 has no slot for a San Disk, so I tried to download my picture with an attachment cable. One end in PC port and the other into the camera. It didn't work I don't know if the cable I used is the right one. Would any cable with a ubs port connecter and a small slot for a camera work. Or does it have to be a certain one made for the camera. So, now I'm stuck on starting my thread no picture no thread. I'll get it fix sooner than later.

Hopper I hope you can understand me. Have a great Sat. You working? 🙃
If you camera is older, Windows 11 might not have the drivers(software) to ‘see’ the camera when it is connected since when you plug is in, you are not seeing the pictures or a window opening up with a folder that your pics are in. You could go to the camera manufacturers website to see if they have a driver for Windows 11. Don’t download drivers from other ‘unknown’ websites though. Those can be malware.

It's early.😁
Win11 is a desktop program so it doesn't have a slot. It just recognizes hardware. Your computer or printer should have a slot for your San disk.
I've got to go to a Santa's Breakfast with my Granddaughter and when I get back I'll see if I can get you on the right track

My wife bought a new laptop and it has no SD card slot. Manufacturers are trying to push the new USB-C tech. It is a way to force us to buy new stuff. Ness could get something like this though…

Memory Card Reader, BENFEI 4in1 USB USB-C to SD Micro SD MS CF Card Reader Adapter https://a.co/d/gVFmnOq

It's early.😁
Win11 is a desktop program so it doesn't have a slot. It just recognizes hardware. Your computer or printer should have a slot for your San disk.
I've got to go to a Santa's Breakfast with my Granddaughter and when I get back I'll see if I can get you on the right track
Thank you and have loads of fun with granddaughter.😊

Latest posts

Back