Computer Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nearly all new malware comes in through ad services. Malware Bytes is good for occasional scans, but using Ad Block Plus for chrome or firefox works the best IMO. I also don't use "free" software that contains ads.

Haven't used an anti virus product in 10 years at least. Pretty sure Norton and McAfee employ whole teams just to write and distribute new viruses, so they can keep selling their bloated software.

Here's the (eccentric) founder of McAfee explaining how to uninstall it....

Good Saturday Morning Hopper. I was wondering what kind of speakers to buy and where to plug them into the pc. I have the jack for the earphones would you plug the speaker into the earphones jack? I'm using those small earphones to hear the sounds.

Happy New Year is coming your way. Will you be awake for New Year? I'm going for it I downloaded Skype on my PC and going to see if it works to call my daughter up North today. Enjoy your weekend.🥳🤩

Good Saturday Morning Hopper. I was wondering what kind of speakers to buy and where to plug them into the pc. I have the jack for the earphones would you plug the speaker into the earphones jack? I'm using those small earphones to hear the sounds.

Happy New Year is coming your way. Will you be awake for New Year? I'm going for it I downloaded Skype on my PC and going to see if it works to call my daughter up North today. Enjoy your weekend.🥳🤩
I believe you need to look for the green one. And you can use the Headphones ack too but the green one is for speakers.

Watch this

Last edited:
Thank you WeedHopper. I'm going Window shopping for a small set of speakers. Catch ya later.
I have a JBL Flip 4 that I really like. They are under $100(I see some refurbished Flip 5’s on Amazon for around $75-not sure if they are just an updated version of the 4 though) and sound better than the external computer speakers I have. It has a port to connect to the computer(I do it out of the headphone jack on my laptop if I go with a wire) but also works using Bluetooth. The thing is durable and water-proof(or at least water resistant). We bring it to the beach or out into the garden so we have tunes-to-go. It gets pretty loud and has really good stereo sound. And it is small so it doesn’t take up much room and is very portable(probably 8” long and 2” in diameter, weighs maybe a pound).

I have a JBL Flip 4 that I really like. They are under $100(I see some refurbished Flip 5’s on Amazon for around $75-not sure if they are just an updated version of the 4 though) and sound better than the external computer speakers I have. It has a port to connect to the computer(I do it out of the headphone jack on my laptop if I go with a wire) but also works using Bluetooth. The thing is durable and water-proof(or at least water resistant). We bring it to the beach or out into the garden so we have tunes-to-go. It gets pretty loud and has really good stereo sound. And it is small so it doesn’t take up much room and is very portable(probably 8” long and 2” in diameter, weighs maybe a pound).

I like the idea of the using a port instead of a jack to run the speakers. I'll look into Flip 4. Thank you oldfogey8.

I like the idea of the using a port instead of a jack to run the speakers. I'll look into Flip 4. Thank you oldfogey8.
It is Bluetooth which is a wireless type of connection. It does have a connector input(maybe port was a poor description of it) like earbuds use(for those of us old enough to remember plugging in the earbuds or, God forbid, earphones).

We made Tanks
Open top and bottom keeping the box still sealed on side
Crawled into it and all started to crawl wlk in one direction
The box flattened out like a giant tread and we had a Blast.
To back we all could not go back and play Kick The Can
Good twilight episode
Found that Picture
1672580056446.png

Remembering my friends and I would rake giant piles of leaves from yard into the street for pickup, we would bury ourselves in the piles and jump out as cars went by. One day my sister's boyfriend came driving down street like speed racer and rammed right through the pile to park his truck. Would have been very bad if we were in them, Mom made sure we never played in them again.
We than learned the cardboard tank box rolled great down the middle of the road
Another bright idea, But Man We Had Fun.
I would do it again, I lived a good life and have seen more than the average person, I have no bucket list, and I am no longer afraid to die.

Ness did you get your problem figured out. As Fogey said you can use the green speaker jack or the Headphone jack if you wanted to. Most only use the headphones jack for headphones because it's in the front of the computer most time. You can get a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into a USB slot and allows you do use Bluetooth speakers. Some computers come with Bluetooth and some dont.

Ness did you get your problem figured out. As Fogey said you can use the green speaker jack or the Headphone jack if you wanted to. Most only use the headphones jack for headphones because it's in the front of the computer most time. You can get a Bluetooth receiver that plugs into a USB slot and allows you do use Bluetooth speakers. Some computers come with Bluetooth and some dont.

I have an old set of speakers I try in the back of PC and my speakers didn't work nor did the speaker work in the front of PC (green jack). Now, I have on back order a small pair of speakers use in the USB port. Looking forward to the listening to the sounds of music.☺️
No more earphones.

Humm,, speakers must be bad because as long as they have power and are plugged into the right jack they should work.

Latest posts

Back