Computer Problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think John McAfee was involved : )

That is pretty hilarious and leads me to question my preconceived notions. He seems to get the ‘joke’ but maybe because it isn’t really a joke. Can’t blame the guy. If I had a billion dollars, I am pretty sure I would be more eccentric.

That is pretty hilarious and leads me to question my preconceived notions. He seems to get the ‘joke’ but maybe because it isn’t really a joke. Can’t blame the guy. If I had a billion dollars, I am pretty sure I would be more eccentric.
He was hard core anti war and anti state - AND a billionaire. That's an almost unheard of combination, a fatal one apparently. If the coroner's report had been accurate, it would have listed tax evasion as the cause of death.

used computers for 25 years.
last time i installed a virus program was 24 years ago.

installing software is bad advice.
McAfee never made a penny from me.

on a bunch of computers...
i have removed a virus and told them to on how to avoid them.
cost was nothing and so was my return rate on the same problem.

I use to build computers as a hobby. There are good and bad programs like everything else in life. I have even written a few myself yrs ago.

I'm convinced most viruses and malware are written by anti virus companies or their well trained employees. The rest come from three letter government organizations. When analyzed the percentage that have a clear purpose one can profit from is barely a rounding error compared to the others.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. They hire hackers to fix the viruses the hackers made.

I haven't built one in yrs. Cheaper to buy them now. Use to you could build one with better hardware cheaper then buying one with shitty hardware. Built my first one in 1998. It was a Pentium 933 that I overclocked to 1050 and added an extra fan to keep the processor cool.
Started out with the books for Dummies and old computers I could tear apart and work on.
I then became a Mod for the site that made a lot of those books possible.

Last edited:
1680012022377.png

I haven't built one in yrs. Cheaper to buy them now. Use to you could build one with better hardware cheaper then buying one with shitty hardware. Built my first one in 1998. It was a Pentium 933 that I overclocked to 1050 and added an extra fan to keep the processor cool.
Started out with the books for Dummies and old computers I could tear apart and work on.
I then became a Mod for a site owned by the guy who was responsible for all those books made or Dummies line.
Geek LOL
New avatar for you
1680012128189.png

I must confess I too was a bit of a Geek
Had my 1st Tandy Computer from Radio Shack second day it was released for sale.
They were way different then computers are now
No way could you plug and play.

the tandy might have been my first computer i used.(at school)
like 1981.i was 9 years old.
i know we had a commodore 64 later on.

I built my first computer in about 1983. Before that I was using a TI99-4a and a TRS-80 to write Basic programs and games.
I bought a super duper 286 processor and a matching motherboard and it went crazy from there. ATI All-in-Wonder video card and a SoundBlaster sound card. I was one hot mutherfuker in those days. LOL Between friends, myself and the business I owned for 17 years, I'll bet I have built 100 computers. Maybe more. That's a lot for just a hobby guy.

I got into the "shuttle" ultra small form factor for a while and had 6 computers at my station all running at the same time doing different shit. Hacking this or that. LOL Computers were a huge part of my life for a long time.

After a while it just got too easy to buy another Dell. LOL

Now, I have a laptop and nothing more. I spend very little time on the computer any more.

Other than gaming and maybe video editing there's not much home users do these days that requires more than a cheap machine. A couple of monitors and a $300 mini PC is about all most people need. It's what I do much of my engineering work on, actually.

Latest posts

Back