confussed on cloning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mslady_1983

Reaction score
:icon_smile: I bought a 50 site rapid rooter kit. i presoaked and used clonex get. i put one in every site so that would make that 50. i misted them 2-3 times a day. purchased a heat mat. had the room temp around 75. after week 1 the started to grow mold on them. not all at once but a few at a time. overall molded about 3/4 of them. any suggestions on what im doing wrong. thanks you guys

Are you keeping the dome over them?
If you are try removing the dome after 4 or 5 days if your going to mist them.

I also think your way over doing the misting.

:holysheep:
Grower13 said:
Are you keeping the dome over them?
If you are try removing the dome after 4 or 5 days if your going to mist them.

I also think your way over doing the misting.

yes i am keeping the dome over them. with my cloning set up what is the proper way to making the clones in the rapid rooter 50 site with dome.

Try this....... put them in the kit and mist them then....... put them where they are not in direct light but can see it......... after 5 or 6 days crack the lid and leave it crack and see what happens....... they may wilt a little but they'll bounce right back in a couple hours....... if they wilt a little to much and scare ya...... just put the dome back on tight. and may be give them a mist every day or 2 when the dome is removed......... but as long as your using the dome to cover the clones I don't think you need to mist them. Make sure the rooters stay moist but not dripping wet.

mslady_1983 said:
:icon_smile: I bought a 50 site rapid rooter kit. i presoaked and used clonex get. i put one in every site so that would make that 50. i misted them 2-3 times a day. purchased a heat mat. had the room temp around 75. after week 1 the started to grow mold on them. not all at once but a few at a time. overall molded about 3/4 of them. any suggestions on what im doing wrong. thanks you guys

There are many ways to clone.. if the rapid rooters dont work for ya.. maybe try a areo/ghetto/bubble cloner.. THG made a great DIY areocloner thread.. I use a areocloner.. and get roots showing in 3-5 days.. thats what i like best about growing is there are so many ways to get the same results.. :watchplant:..

I was one of those guys that could never get the rapid rooters to work for me.. moved over to areo clonning 5 years ago or so and bamm 90% success rate ever since...

I also think you are over misting too.. i rememeber reading a study on the different mistakes women make growing and men make growing.. the study showed that women tended to overfeed and over water... Men was the oppisite under fed and under waterd.. ends ramble :rofl: sorry

Aloha
SquidyP

Latest posts

Back