Connecticut: Marijuana Decriminalization Measure Is Now Law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
Democrat Gov. Dan Malloy signed legislation into law on Thursday, June 30 ‘decriminalizing’ the possession of small, personal use amounts of marijuana by adults. The new law, Senate Bill 1014, took effect on Friday, July 1.

Senate Bill 1014 reduces the penalties for the adult possession of up to one-half ounce of marijuana from a criminal misdemeanor (formerly punishable by one year in jail and a $1,000 fine) to a non-criminal infraction, punishable by a $150 fine, no arrest or jail time, and no criminal record. The new law similarly reduces penalties for the possession of marijuana paraphernalia.

Connecticut’s new law is similar to the existing ‘decriminalization’ laws in California, Colorado, Maine, Massachusetts, Nebraska, New York, and Oregon where private, non-medical possession of marijuana is treated as a civil, non-criminal offense.

Five additional states — Minnesota, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, and Ohio — treat marijuana possession offenses as a fine-only misdemeanor offense. Alaska law imposes no criminal or civil penalty for the private possession of small amounts of marijuana by adults.

Lawmakers in California and Kentucky previously enacted laws this year reducing penalties for marijuana possession.

hxxp://tinyurl.com/62y3lb5

When is NJ gonna finally get with the program......:eek:

Im glad for you guys in Connecticut. One step closer.

Over here in California, I heard on the news last night our Governor is slashing the State Drug Enforcement Agency budget so hard that the Local PO PO's are complaining that they wont be able to handle the traffic. I think the state is gonna save a Gazillion dollars cutting that budget. Welcome to the unemployment line Officers.

This is great news and will save the state $$$$$$$$

8 down, and only 41 more states to go before Texas follows suit, I hope I am still alive to see it. Way to go Conn.

Im waiting for Texas to help us Pot Smoking Rednecks out a little,but they wont, due to the Non Pot Smoking Christian Redneck Politians.

WeedHopper said:
Im waiting for Texas to help us Pot Smoking Rednecks out a little,but they wont, due to the Non Pot Smoking Christian Redneck Politians.

NPSCRP..................:holysheep: :eek:

Latest posts

Back