Considering Growing Indoors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rookie

Reaction score
Am considering 8'x14' grow area down cellar. Have an unused flue to vent. Have a 4'-400 watt F54 T5 light and don't know the best way to light this size area.

Also, am very concerned about something I read on this site. It is not the added electricity I use, but when I go to flower on a 12/12 schedule, that this will red flag me to the electric company. Is there a way to avoid this??

Pay your bill, don't steal the electricity.

:goodposting:

time it right and its no different then having two teen agers that wake up at six
go no where then leave after supper for the night Hahaha

just my opinion, but you are looking at 2-3 1000 watt HID lights for a 8'x14' area. like the duck said, just pay your bill and no one will care at all.

Old_SSSC_Guy said:
just my opinion, but you are looking at 2-3 1000 watt HID lights for a 8'x14' area. like the duck said, just pay your bill and no one will care at all.
Yup... 112 sq ft will require a BUNCH more light than you're talking.
1000 W. hps =145k lumens. You need around 500,000+ L to adequately light that space. Three "at least"..

If you partitioned the area and had 2x flowering sections with one light on 6am to 6pm and the other flowering 6pm to 6am this will help keep a stable temp and your electric use will be constant.
W

rookie said:
Am considering 8'x14' grow area down cellar. Have an unused flue to vent. Have a 4'-400 watt F54 T5 light and don't know the best way to light this size area.

Also, am very concerned about something I read on this site. It is not the added electricity I use, but when I go to flower on a 12/12 schedule, that this will red flag me to the electric company. Is there a way to avoid this??

I'm not sure where you read that, but that would be the least of my concerns. I have never ever even heard of anyone getting letting busted because of this. People get busted because they tell others or they are not careful with their grows--odors or leaving tell-tale debris around.

Four T5 lights are not nearly enough for the kind of space you are talking about. And, while I love T5s for vegging, I would recommend HPS lighting for flowering.

You may also have trouble using an existing flue to vent.

I agree with WP. Depending on yer room configuration, yu could build some simple partitions and separate the room into 2 flower rooms and one clone room. Then yu could control it better and break up the on-times of the rooms, which would allow yu to control yer heat and ventilation, plus yu would be able to space out yer harvests to every 6-8weeks rather than 12-16weeks. I wish I could go around and setup growrooms for people and teach people all about running them. That would be as fun to me as doing my own.

Latest posts

Back