Considering LEDs over HPS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using HPS for nearly 10 years with no real problems I have just changed to LED because I changed strains and found that the new strain was not liking the heat in the summer , I was blown away by the way the plants looked after the first week but now 2 weeks into flower the stretch is something Ive never seen , On HPS I would grow until canopy was 30cm high then turn to flower end up with a finished height of 80 - 90 cm , MY first grow with LED and 2 weeks into flower and canopy is already at 80cm this would be fine as plants are looking sweet but I am limited to height and they are going to outgrow my room . I will adapt on next grow but it seems there is a bigger stretch with LED to HPS

As more and more led manufacturers start to sell white led, I think white led will led led future, Gavita, UnitFarm grow bar, mars hydro bar, Fluence...said withe led can save 30% electricity

I use king lights too.
I have a 1200 and a 1500.
In my opinion the 1500 is great light. 1200 is good but 1500 is worth the extra bucks.
I have 5 plants in a 6 x 8 area and they are big healthy and frosty. Ill never go back to other lights.

I have used the Mars pro II 80 for a grow. It worked well.
I heard that a new white color LEDs will be released soon.
A lot of people said the white color LEDs is better. So i think i will try their white light. It is super cheap.

Latest posts

Back