Cook-a-thon with stinky: fishy cakes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkyattic

her dankness
Reaction score
Okay we're all cooped up getting fat on bomb shelter food together and calories don't count, right?

Today is fishy cakes. Or protein rich hash browns. Or souped-up latkes. Whatever you call them, they are good munchies food!

You need:
A can of salmon
An egg
Some dried potato shards like hungry jack
A shallot or a handful of minced onion
Herbs you like, spices you think are good with fish, especially paprika !
liquid (water, cream, milk)
Frying oil

Drain the salmon and pick out any obvious bones. Mush it up.
Add your super finely minced onion relative, egg, herbs, and some dehydrated spinach if you have some. Or parsley. I don't care, just make it cute with green speckles. Chili powder is good too.
Mush it all up some more and put in the potato shards. Smoosh the mess into the bottom of the bowl. Then put enough liquid on top to barely coat the surface. I used cream.
20200330_171311.jpg
20200330_172055.jpg
20200330_172358.jpg
20200330_172744.jpg

Let it sit for at least a half hour to get evenly damp and sticky, then just scoop into little piles in hot oil. I used grapeseed oil for frying. Any oil with a reasonably high smoke point will keep your smoke alarm from going off.

You can make big patties or little fritters.

They're really good with a sauce made of sour cream, yogurt, dill, and garlic. Oh and gotta have some hot sauce too! And tortilla chips, just because!

Nomnomnom!!!

20200330_182625.jpg
20200330_182913.jpg
20200330_184601.jpg
20200330_185513.jpg

Nice. I love tocook. Ive been volinteering at a warming center. Even though were closed today i was handing out chicken with roasted taters carrots and onions baked. And a hygene bag. They cant come in now but can come to the door and get a to go plate. Clean socks soap. Tooth brush paste. And food water. Snacks. Its not much but a lot of people are on the street with nothing. Ttul

Latest posts

Back