COOL OLD SCOOTER PICS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5C1F384D-7489-4ACF-9241-D8D574DF364E.jpeg

you had someone watchin' over ya bro,

even though the commando when punched could throw you off if not man enough in the wrists ..
It was a truck-a-teria lunch mobile. He made a right on red, I had right away. I remember him walking up to me saying "you can make a right on a red". Well, not into oncoming traffic. Completely tore up one of the pipes, handlebar, clutch and gear shift. ( Why English bikes have reversed brake and gearshift sides is beyond me)

This is why I like Harleys. They hear and feel the bikes beat. I always watched drivers who were in traffic to see if they noticed. Does their head move checking your location? This idiot I swear was looking straight at me when he turned. Good thing I was stunned, at 19 I was full on nutz.

Bubba

you had someone watchin' over ya bro,

even though the commando when punched could throw you off if not man enough in the wrists ..
That bike could take off like a Jet. It would leave a good 2 foot rubber mark. It was the fastest production bike at the time, before the Kawasaki 900 4 cylinder bike. Those were faster than the later 1000 bikes, maybe not crotch rocket speed, but crazy fast. Go through the gears quickly at full throttle you would clear 120 just after hitting 4th.

I DO NOT need not want to go those speeds on 2 wheels. I survived and don't need to push my luck.

Bubba

That bike could take off like a Jet. It would leave a good 2 foot rubber mark. It was the fastest production bike at the time, before the Kawasaki 900 4 cylinder bike. Those were faster than the later 1000 bikes, maybe not crotch rocket speed, but crazy fast. Go through the gears quickly at full throttle you would clear 120 just after hitting 4th.

I DO NOT need not want to go those speeds on 2 wheels. I survived and don't need to push my luck.

Bubba
My sisters boyfriend had a Honda 750 when they 1st came out they were fast after he re-jetted it even faster. We had a road that was a mile long straight away in town and we all raced cars there.
Well one day he said come kid jump on we are going for a ride. The 1st run down old paved road at 130 plus Pinned speedo was like wholly crapola , Then the rocket scientist lays down and says lay over me
Which I did (less wind resistance , and he was flying back the other way, Fooking fast it was at this time I noticed he had taken his hands off the bars and was still pinned speedo, I was shiiting bricks
one pot hole and we were gone. Turns out years later he ended up in a crazy bin , the due was really crazy. Needless to say never rode with him again I was 16 yrs old.

Latest posts

Back