Cooling question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surfer Joe

Reaction score
My tent 1x1x2m with a 600w dual spectrum hid in an air cooled hood is getting worryingly warm at times now. The temps at the canopy with two fans blowing around is about 27-30 with the lights on but sometimes it goes up to 34 or 35C.
How much fan can I blow over the tops to keep them cool without stressing them from too much airflow?
Is moving the light up an option or will that reduce yield due to weaker light?
Can anyone recommend a small air conditioner that could be used in a tent to control the excess heat?
Just how much heat is too hot and does the air flow make a good difference or not?
Thanks for any advice.

If you can take in more cool air from somewhere and exhaust more, it might help.

I have full inline fans on both intake and exhaust. I pull the intake from another room where the air is cooler.

Are you exhausting your air or just moving the air around?

The air is pulled in through passive vents and then extracted with a fan that pulls air in through the carbon filter, through the air-cooled light hood and out an exhaust vent at the top of the tent.

Latest posts

Back