correct soil p.h.???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grass hopper

Reaction score
i checked my soil p.h. for first time in 3 years. checked 3 sites and p.h. vaired from7.27to7.67 is this too high??should i adjust, and with what??is correct p. h. 6.5??? thanks

How did you check the soil pH? What type of meter did you use? Have you checked the pH of the runoff?

Sittin in the sevens be ok fur most plants but THG be askin some good questions. Be hard to tell without yur particulars. Her question about checkin the ph of the run off be the one I be interested in too cause it be the main one pilgrem.

BWD

plants grown outdoors.its a HANNA- pocket meter-(CHECKER).the manuf. suggests 1 part soil to 2 parts distilled water. shake well,wait 15 minutes and test liquid @ top.seemed to work well for a cheap meter.again tested 7.27 to 7.67. thanks.

the manuf. suggests 1 part soil to 2 parts distilled water.

:stoned:

never heard of such....and I never check soil PH...and if ya havent checked PH in 3 years..why start now?

always trying to be better at whatever i do.dont know how important soil p. h. testing is???

Be very very important until yual get seasoned to yur ways. As a learner grower I checked everyday then as i got better at my ways and recipies fur soil and the ways I water and what I add I stopped testin cause I found no need too. I never checks it anymore realy unless I think there might be needs too but with my grow plans my ph always runnin bout 6.8 - 7.2 and me plants always run fine start to finish. I do suggest yual check it often until yur experience and confidents in yur ways grow to yur needs. Good luck yur adventure pilgrem hope yual yield yur needs.

BWD

IMO you are over thinking things if growing outdoors "au natural"... Mother Nature has a way of doing things. Especially if you are growing outdoors in an Organic Manner...in an indoor enviroment using Chemical Nutirents, ph is very important. Once you go over to the world of organic growing you depend more on micro herds to do the work of breaking down the nutrients into something useable for the plants. Your outdoor soil seems pretty neutral considering 7 is a neutral number. If you are doing things organically and hve a good micro herd going you shld be fine. Jmo

Latest posts

Back