Advertise On Marijuana Passion

cost of insecticide

mjrivers

Reaction score
My fellow grower got spider mites i tell him to pick up forbid and he tells me that on amazon forbid and avid are ridiculously priced. i bought azamax a while back n gave him that to use. but seriously 225$ for an 8oz bottle?! seems a little crazy so are there any applications i can tell him that are reasonable for a student haha

Reaction score
Well, you do not buy a whole bottle--that would last many lifetimes for an average home grower who had mites a lot. A 1/4 oz vial of Forbid is $16 and will make 5-15 gallons of spray.

Hushpuppy

Dr MadBud
Reaction score
Holy cow!!:eek: no wonder I can't find that stuff at any of the hydro stores.

Reaction score
The reason that you cannot find it at the hydro stores is that it is controlled in many places--you need a license to sell it. The sellers on e-bay buy it and split it into manageable vial sizes for those of us that do not need thousands of gallons of the stuff. $16 will get you enough for 5-15 gallons (which is quite a lot for the closet or tent gardener).

Wetdog

Old Droopy Dog
Reaction score
The Hemp Goddess said:
The reason that you cannot find it at the hydro stores is that it is controlled in many places--you need a license to sell it. The sellers on e-bay buy it and split it into manageable vial sizes for those of us that do not need thousands of gallons of the stuff. $16 will get you enough for 5-15 gallons (which is quite a lot for the closet or tent gardener).
:yeahthat:

Yeah, that 1/4 oz will last a good long time.:holysheep: I only mix up a qt at a time. That's plenty for 10 med sized plants +- and all you need for that qt is a few drops of Forbid. I'd have to dig out my sheet to be sure, but it's under 4 drops. It's concentrated stuff.:eek: I still have over 1/2 a bottle (1/4oz) after close to 2 years. So far, it's been one application and done.

Wet

mjrivers

Reaction score
thanks, I didn't even think to look at buying small quantities. he picked up dr. doom and sprayed. I've never heard of it so idk if thats gonna help him haha

pcduck

Feed the soil, not the plant
Reaction score
3-6 ml/5gallons is what is on the label to use, so a little bit will go a long ways

Reaction score
mjrivers said:
thanks, I didn't even think to look at buying small quantities. he picked up dr. doom and sprayed. I've never heard of it so idk if thats gonna help him haha
LOL--that is why it is a good idea to ask before you buy. I have tried Dr. Doom (it is pyrethrum) and not found it very effective against mites.

HemperFi

Reaction score
Sheesh, I bought 4oz of the stuff. It's still in the envelope I recieved it in. I never opened it. I don't even like the idea of having to use it. I guess I have a life time supply -- good to know I guess....

Latest posts