cost of insecticide

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjrivers

Reaction score
My fellow grower got spider mites i tell him to pick up forbid and he tells me that on amazon forbid and avid are ridiculously priced. i bought azamax a while back n gave him that to use. but seriously 225$ for an 8oz bottle?! seems a little crazy so are there any applications i can tell him that are reasonable for a student haha

Well, you do not buy a whole bottle--that would last many lifetimes for an average home grower who had mites a lot. A 1/4 oz vial of Forbid is $16 and will make 5-15 gallons of spray.

Holy cow!!:eek: no wonder I can't find that stuff at any of the hydro stores.

The reason that you cannot find it at the hydro stores is that it is controlled in many places--you need a license to sell it. The sellers on e-bay buy it and split it into manageable vial sizes for those of us that do not need thousands of gallons of the stuff. $16 will get you enough for 5-15 gallons (which is quite a lot for the closet or tent gardener).

The Hemp Goddess said:
The reason that you cannot find it at the hydro stores is that it is controlled in many places--you need a license to sell it. The sellers on e-bay buy it and split it into manageable vial sizes for those of us that do not need thousands of gallons of the stuff. $16 will get you enough for 5-15 gallons (which is quite a lot for the closet or tent gardener).
:yeahthat:

Yeah, that 1/4 oz will last a good long time.:holysheep: I only mix up a qt at a time. That's plenty for 10 med sized plants +- and all you need for that qt is a few drops of Forbid. I'd have to dig out my sheet to be sure, but it's under 4 drops. It's concentrated stuff.:eek: I still have over 1/2 a bottle (1/4oz) after close to 2 years. So far, it's been one application and done.

Wet

thanks, I didn't even think to look at buying small quantities. he picked up dr. doom and sprayed. I've never heard of it so idk if thats gonna help him haha

3-6 ml/5gallons is what is on the label to use, so a little bit will go a long ways

mjrivers said:
thanks, I didn't even think to look at buying small quantities. he picked up dr. doom and sprayed. I've never heard of it so idk if thats gonna help him haha

LOL--that is why it is a good idea to ask before you buy. I have tried Dr. Doom (it is pyrethrum) and not found it very effective against mites.

Sheesh, I bought 4oz of the stuff. It's still in the envelope I recieved it in. I never opened it. I don't even like the idea of having to use it. I guess I have a life time supply -- good to know I guess....

Latest posts

Back