Could be a silly question, but it never hurts to try.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.KNOWITALL

Reaction score
Hey all,

Sorry that i wont start off with the question but this is my first post. So I decided I'll do a bit of an introduction. You can call me the "Dr." but its just a name that came from my medicated brain. I hope that i get to have knowledge equivalent as that of doctor through the help of all of you.

It has probably been I'll say about 5 years or so that I've known about this site. Visiting it frequently and amazed at what people have produced over the years. Congrats to you all and thanks for keeping up so far. What amazes me though, is that the process of nature is always right in front for all these growers and thats part of the reason of my skepticism of the credibility of the site. I am sure there are some out there that dont just kill males, or have a female just for the bud.
This brings me to the point i am trying to get at which has been in my head lately that I have started thinking of growing.What happens when you get two seeds of quality strains of opposite sex? It itself is the proces which what nature has and continues to be about which is to keep alive. Reproduce. I hope you guys will answer me in return with the answer. Thanks for reading. Truly. This is the moment i finally decided to step up.

_The Doctor

if you get a male and a female seed of the strain and grow them together, the male will produce pollen and seeds, the female will produce bud, until it is pollinated by the male and then would start also producing seeds. does this answer your question?

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
and thats part of the reason of my skepticism of the credibility of the site.

_The Doctor

not sure what that really means? if you've been around for 5 years watching and reading you should know the credibility of this site.

as for your question. some ppl will keep males and make crosses with other strains or f2's to keep the strain around. just depends on the grower

MosesPMG said:
if you get a male and a female seed of the strain and grow them together, the male will produce pollen and seeds, the female will produce bud, until it is pollinated by the male and then would start also producing seeds. does this answer your question?
Doesnt sound right...:confused:

The MALE PRODUCES POLLEN FROM THE STAMEN
The FEMALE RECEIVES THE POLLEN ON HER HAIRS (Stigma/Pistils)
The Pistil retreats into the Calyx and, if fertile, will produce a seed on the female plant within the calyx.

1st link is small and a quick read
hXXp://extension.oregonstate.edu/mg/botany/flowers.html
hXXp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plant_sexuality

:peace:

male-female-plant-differences-how-to-1.jpg

When_To_Harvest.jpg

Hey, thanks to all you who have replied and welcomed me. Pardon me for the badly written question. However, to you Moses, you mentioned that the male produces pollen and also seeds. Is this always the case or what? I am saying this because last summer i grew a seed outdoor and it turned out being male. I just let it grow wildly, taking care of it of course, to get some experience even if its with male. It turned out to be a nice, plant by my standards. Good pine tree, a little shy of 3 feet but no sign of deficiency or anything. But with that, all it produced was lots of pollen, no seeds.

To you OG, thanks for pointing me to those sources. I will be sure to check them out thoroughly as soon as i get the chance. Please check out my thread on the Clone Bubblegum i got going. I can use any advice and tips I can get to point me to the right direction.

But back to the question. I was simply looking for the answer: You get seeds. Lots I would assume when you take the pollen of a male and give it to a female burning with desire. :hubba: Having said that, I find it hard that us, users, brothers we can say, don't help each other out. :48:

_THE DOCTOR

what do you mean help each other out? seed swapping and things of that nature aren't allowed. its a risk to everyone involved

I:confused:<----and...doesnt happen all too often:rofl:

Cut to the chase, stop beating around the bush, we arent trying to wag the dog...

WHat are you getting at? DRK?

Well thanks again for the replies. Specially to you OZzy, those rules set me in place!! Well then, i guess the only option is the seedbank listed right when you come into the site right? attitude? any others you out there recommend that don't give you any LEGAL trouble. Or in other words, that actually go by the rules. :cool:

By the way, i am interested in knowledge in the outdoor category. Again, please give me feedback on the clone posting i got up. Thanks. Sorry for beating around the bush, i was simply just trying to be discreet. :confused2:

Attitude is more of a "broker".

They obtain/redirect just about all brands.

"What amazes me though, is that the process of nature is always right in front for all these growers and thats part of the reason of my skepticism of the credibility of the site"

So why are you skeptic of the credibility of the site? becuz we arnt giving you free seeds?

Dr.KNOWITALL said:
Well thanks again for the replies. Specially to you OZzy, those rules set me in place!! Well then, i guess the only option is the seedbank listed right when you come into the site right? attitude? any others you out there recommend that don't give you any LEGAL trouble. Or in other words, that actually go by the rules. :cool:

By the way, i am interested in knowledge in the outdoor category. Again, please give me feedback on the clone posting i got up. Thanks. Sorry for beating around the bush, i was simply just trying to be discreet. :confused2:

Always wise to "test the water" before diving in head first..;)
There are several legitimate and reliable seed banks, but Attitude is going to be hard to beat IMO.
best o' luck :)

seedboutique,com is where MP told me to get seeds, I posted a thread in seeds a while ago. :D
and yes Dr. when the seeds on a male plant first break open, they release pollen into the air

MosesPMG said:

seedboutique,com is where MP told me to get seeds, I posted a thread in seeds a while ago. :D
and yes Dr. when the seeds on a male plant first break open, they release pollen into the air
:confused2:.... "seeds on a male plant........"
Male plants do not have or produce "seeds".
"Seeds" do not 'break open and release pollen'.. "Staminate flowers" do. ;)

:yeahthat:

Male produces "Staminate Flowers".....NOT SEEDS

Hick said:
"Seeds" do not 'break open and release pollen'.. "Staminate flowers" do. ;)
4u2sm0ke said:
:yeahthat:

Male produces "Staminate Flowers".....NOT SEEDS

male plants produce staminate flowers, which produce seeds/pollen? so males produce seeds/pollen..................

males produce pollen, yes.
What "you" said, inferred, was that males have seeds. That is incorrect, and is misleading at best.
seeds on a male plant first break open, they release pollen into the air..
male will produce pollen and seeds

oh ok sorry Hick, and everyone else. I used the words pollen and seeds interchangeably and I shouldnt have. Sorry people.

Well thats a discussion. I did get a bit confused when I read that males produce seeds. Now i have to re-write all my notes. Just playing. As for the person who said that I would be expecting seeds, honestly... who wouldn't? As i said, i went over the rules and i understand now. That is why i didn't see people doing that which caused me confusion and suspicion , but its all good now. BTW, approximately how long do seeds take to arrive by mail??? I might just give a visit to a dispensary, bad thing is they are all about business!!! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

_THE DOCTOR

Latest posts

Back