Could have been killed!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--you know that if you leave those guys alone, they will leave you alone. I am around spiders all the time. The really bad ones are brown recluse and they live in things like stored clothing and linen closets.

THAT'S what I use those 'no-pest' strips for, not spider mites.

Supposedly, they don't live in SoFl, but I'm missing a chunk of flesh about the size of a half dollar and ~1/4" deep just above my left knee, that had the exact symptons of a Brown Recluse. Never saw it, never felt the bite, till 2 days later, when the swelling/infection started.

They do live where I am now, but in close to 4 years, I've yet to see one. We do grow nice crops of Golden Orb spiders. There are 9 egg sacs up in the eaves above the deck.

OGK, that thing is huge! That's like the size of the Golden Orb and waaaaay bigger than the Brown Recluse that I've seen pics of.:eek:

Yeah, I'd be making girlie sounds for sure and probably be needing to change my unders.:rofl:

Wet

I had a brown recluse bite in the early 80s. I had never heard of them before that. I was one sick gal. I also never saw it, never felt the bite. The doc told me what was going on.

Its a good job you guys aint in Australia, spiders the size of footballs over there. Also george Michaels (I think they are called Redbacks) that hide in the toilet waiting for an unsuspecting victim to need a sit down then NIP, right on the scrotum or worse if you are a lady, i think thats where extreme pearcing started.
Some mean spiders & crawlies out there.
I thin kthe worse we have here is rampant haggis, they chase you but they run in circles because the legs on one side are longer than the other because they live on hills, so you just step aside and they go whizzing past the other way. If they do catch you though, they have a mean suck, not a bite, and it has been known for unsuspecting tourists to be almost gummed to death. Of course, the Scottish version of the redback is the kilt snake, a one eyed monster (so Scotsmen claim) that lives in the nether regions of wolly garments, disturbing it can cause amusement and if it becomes inflamed with anger it has been known to spit a pungent venom at its victims...
These are good reasons to live in the UK, sense of humour and no venomous creatures except acidic tabloid reporters.

No animals were harmed in the writing of this posting. Complaints can be sent to 1 Dinnae Geyashyte, Glasgow.
Peace all. W

Don't kill tarantulas, they are pretty harmless. If you kill a female that's carrying an egg sac, you'll have hundreds of tiny ones running about in no time . . . not a good idea. I take them to the mountain and let them loose.

Rosebud said:
The bad ones we have here are in funnel webs. Aggressive House spiders. The bite is like the brown recluse. yuck.

Glad you lived through that OG.

You in oz Rosebud?

wow i was just about to light up and i clicked on this thread.. lsks;ljlw;a;alkssk now i gotta chill for awhile before i blaze or im gonna keep feeling like theres a spider on me lol.. i HATE SPIDERS ahahalk;dlsl;a;a;a lkfd;jakfl god i hate um.. that thing is nasty dude..

woodydude said:
Its a good job you guys aint in Australia, spiders the size of footballs over there. Also george Michaels (I think they are called Redbacks) that hide in the toilet waiting for an unsuspecting victim to need a sit down then NIP, right on the scrotum or worse if you are a lady, i think thats where extreme pearcing started.
Some mean spiders & crawlies out there.
I thin kthe worse we have here is rampant haggis, they chase you but they run in circles because the legs on one side are longer than the other because they live on hills, so you just step aside and they go whizzing past the other way. If they do catch you though, they have a mean suck, not a bite, and it has been known for unsuspecting tourists to be almost gummed to death. Of course, the Scottish version of the redback is the kilt snake, a one eyed monster (so Scotsmen claim) that lives in the nether regions of wolly garments, disturbing it can cause amusement and if it becomes inflamed with anger it has been known to spit a pungent venom at its victims...
These are good reasons to live in the UK, sense of humour and no venomous creatures except acidic tabloid reporters.

No animals were harmed in the writing of this posting. Complaints can be sent to 1 Dinnae Geyashyte, Glasgow.
Peace all. W

We have all kinds of crazy **** here, worst of course are the Drop Bears.

They say that regardless of where you are, there is probably a spider within 6 feet of you, 24/7/365.

I think here in Florida, it's 6 inches..... :eek: or was it 6 spiders every inch? Ha! Seems like it anyway, when you go outside. Damn things know how far up to put their webs so you walk your face RIGHT into it and then do "the spider grab" dance while whacking at your own head.

Rosebud said:
How did you know, Joe?

Just the mention of the funnel webs, they are in other parts of the world but mostly located here.

A lot of the spiders yu see wont hurt yu but will make yu hurt yerself. The worst beatin I ever got was when I ran into a big spiderweb at night. However one of the funniest things to see is my friend doing the "slapdance" after running into a web. If he was ever to catch on fire I'd just tell him he has a huge spider on him and the fire would be out in seconds

I had a lace-wing land on me in the grow room while i was watering with the shower wand. Need I say more?:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: well, they do bite. The whole room was soaked me included. Glad no cameras in there at that time.

smokingjoe said:
We have all kinds of crazy **** here, worst of course are the Drop Bears.

Yeah, yeah.:rolleyes:

Honey Badger's got something for your Drop Bears.:hubba: :D

Wet

Wetdog said:
Yeah, yeah.:rolleyes:

Honey Badger's got something for your Drop Bears.:hubba: :D

Wet

Oh yeah? Well one of the Florida Hoop Snakes was seen recently nesting on a pile of honey badger pelts while munching on a dropbear. :D :holysheep:

Now, you know I spent the first 58 years of my life living in SoFl?

We natives wore the hoop snakes instead of the gold chains favored by the newer residents from south of us.:rofl: :rofl:

SB, ever see those fruit spiders in the citrus groves? The ones big enough to eat small birds? Really pretty with the coloring, but dam scary, being larger than an outstretched hand.:holysheep:

Have you seen the Honey Badger video?:rofl: :rofl:

Wet

Scariest thing I every saw in FL was a alligator wearing shoes.
image01111.jpg

Wetdog said:
SB, ever see those fruit spiders in the citrus groves? The ones big enough to eat small birds?

Have you seen the Honey Badger video?:rofl: :rofl:

No, there are no citrus groves in my part of Florida, but I have Banana Spiders that are sometimes big as dinner plates.

What we call "Banana Spiders" here are actually Golden Silk Orbweavers.

floridanature.org/species.asp?species=nephila_clavipes

Is this the same thing you call a "Fruit Spider"?

Which Honey Badger video?

Latest posts

Back