could this be a problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

username812

Reaction score
ive tried proping it up to see if it could hold it self but it just falls back to where it was, im not really concerned about, just wondering if it could cause problems down the line, if you cant tell whats going on, the very base of the stem has a done a 360

twist.jpg

is that freakin stem in a spiral????

wow, trip out. I don't know if it will be a problem, if anything I think it will just grow into a lump and fill itself in once it gets bigger, that is wierd. Anyone ever get those leaves that are totally healthy but curl up like a nautalus? I get those sometimes. You could maybe try to LSt it back the other way or just enjoy yer freak!

thats crazy!!! never seen a stock do that before

I don't think that it is that big of a deal, but I do think that you could fix it.

First unravel the stem(if possible) and then put more soil around the base of it, right up to the first set of leaves. Your stem is so small that it can not support the weight of the growth above it.

You need to get a fan on that stem to stregthen it and you may have to move your lights closer in order to stop the stretch.

i really would fix that loop though because while it is not a problem now, IMHO, I think that if not corrected it will become a problem as that stem gets bigger and more ridgid. And if it is not fixed now while the stem is still pliable it will be impossible to fix when the stem gets woody. you have to remember that this is like the lowest part of your stem, which will be the thickest, most ridged, and woodiest part of your plants.

username812 said:
ive tried proping it up to see if it could hold it self but it just falls back to where it was, im not really concerned about, just wondering if it could cause problems down the line, if you cant tell whats going on, the very base of the stem has a done a 360
Yes, I've seen this happen before. No, it won't harm your plant. If a MJ plant or any other plant gets in the way of itself, it will simply grow the other direction. In this case, The "knot" will become the center of a much larger "knot".

It will be fun to watch for a while, then it'll just get boring.

Enjoy the fun part and leave it alone. If you mess with it, you WILL harm the plant.

Don't say I didn't warn you. I've seen several of these get pulled apart by the owners trying to fix something that isn't broken.

When you smoke the weed from this plant, will it get you "Looped"? Hahahahaa.

well i cant unravel it now the stem has already become rigid and woody, ive had a fan on it since day one and it could hold itself up but the way the loop is it forces to be the way it is.i was thinking that maybe i could tie down the main stem so it doesnt snap, i just dont want it to pinch itself and kill the plant as it gets older. thanks for the input MP

Latest posts

Back