could use your thoughts please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

So most of you know because I whined enough about the heat stress this grow. Well, I have never seen this before and I wish i wasn't seeing it now.

One of my plant at about 4 weeks from flip has a few red hairs, so I check and yes there are TINY itty bitty seeds starting to grow. This is probably on 1/4 of the plant, maybe less. I have checked for nanners, see none on any plants. I only see the pollination on the one plant. I will continue to look at each girl every day for nanners and or seeds.

Should i cut off the buds that have the red hair? What can I do?

We did have freedom baby hermi last grow but the shed was really cleaned...so that is a possibility I guess.

Here is a pic of her.View attachment DSCF3204.jpg

View attachment DSCF3207.jpg

View attachment DSCF3205.jpg

Rosebud , the last hermie I had I plucked every seed I could find so the plant did not waste any energy on them. It turned out pretty good, there were still some seeds in it but not to bad, plus you will spot any nanners if they are there. I did not go crazy cleaning the room after either, I just misted the room real good , got the humidity and heat up and I am seed free.

I found them when they were mostly pale green with some darker ones mixed in. I did this right till harvest, everytime I saw a seed pod I would remove it. Eventually there were less and less.

I actually noticed a puff of pollen when I was moving the plant. That is when I thought I had better check it over and sure enough there were seeds. I soaked it down after I saw the pollen to try and stop it from spreading.

Yeah picking the beans out with tweezers might be the best course of action. Jmo.

Satisfied that no male is around .....look to your air inlet, for a rogue in you up wind exterior, ...but more the issue with your temperature control, please ensure you keep your temps to a minimum of 65F plus, or continue getting red stems, or anthocyanin (red food color)lock out

My temps are lucky to be under 85F. It has been in the triple digits for well over a month with the air conditioning on 20 hours a day. The lows at night have been, not low at 65-70. When i go in the shed at 6 am it is often 79 degrees F. I can't believe these guys have even lived.

So that was long. Anyway if you think i have red stems from low temps..no. But i will in the fall.

Then I concede and assume it may be strain related

Thank you for pointing that out anyway Vostok. I don't believe english is your second language. I think it is better then mine. And I will die and not know the difference between Celsius and Fahrenheit. And you know it. How many languages do you speak?

Celsius and Fahrenheit are the same at about -40 or so ...lol
Like most I speak schoolboy French and German and Norse a little Latin and Chinese, all of them are a fun thing but English is always the hardest, as often the meaning is in the grammar not the word selection, but these computers and Google Translator is my friend ...lol
For years I do mean years, red stems was a strong indication of poor temperature control, at night usually, but red stem/leaves are becoming more and more prolific, can only be due to the total mish-mash of the current cannabis strains...(IMHO)

if its REALLY seeded picking them wont be an option, way to many growing way to fast. jmo

I gave a friend some months ago a bunch of herb and hadn't heard from him in some time, so I pm'd him, only to find that the herb I gave him was seeded, accidentally like, I didn't know, that is crushing news to me...I had great plans of exploiting him...and he knew it ...lol
we are still friends but I will run him over at our next meeting ....lol

if you gave it to him and didnt know it was seeded you are either blind, or it really wasnt seeded. truly seeded bud will rain seeds on you if you touch the bud. jmo

Latest posts

Back