Couple More Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So one of my plants in drooping a little bit and im wondering if its because it might be overwatered...what do yall think?

1.jpg

My next question is, is my other plant also experiencing overwatering? The picture isnt that great but the leaves on top are green but everything underneath is yellow

2011-12-23 08.27.09.jpg

How often do you water?

What brand of soil are you using?

watering about every 2-3 days... and using Scotts potting soil...i fed them with a nitrogen rich feeder. They are in 5 gallon buckets.

Water when the first 1 1/2" of soil is completely dry.
Little ones from seed do not need nutes for the first 2-3 weeks.

Is this Scott's Potting soil pre-nuted?

Looks like you are burning up the roots with the nitrogen rich fertilizer.

no its wasnt prenuted...do you think that the next time it needs watering i should flush it?

Unless you just got done watering or spraying them before the pics, it may be to late to do anything:(

hate to be the bearer of sad news and hopefully you got more sprouts cause those look done and need to be culled---:cry:

the 2nd one might come back for you---you might want to hold on to it for a few more days until it shows signs of recovery or gets worse

Do not feed seedlings that little anything. I think it is a mistake to start them in 5 gal containers. It is too hard to control the water to the seedling. Also, that soil mixture just does not look good to me--coarse and barky with no perlite. I am a water baby, so maybe one of the dirt people will chime in.

If the red thing i the dirt is one of those pH/moisture meters, I would get rid of it. IMO, they are worse than useless.

i started all of them out in small cups but they quickly outgrew the cups... i was using several 400 watt Halogen bulbs but they got way too hot...so instead i switched from those to about 6 CFLS. The plants in a box that is about 2x4x6 and is ventilted with a fan. the edges of the box are lined with Mylar. do you think its possible that the mylar is maybe working against the plants?

Latest posts

Back