couple of beginner questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman149

road blunt toker
Reaction score
hey everybody, hope all is well. i have a couple of questions that i hope you guys can answer for me. first is, i only plan on growing 1-2 plants at a time, do i have to build my box into 2 seperate sections or can i keep them in the same box for both stages of growing? secondly, would the plant still be fine if i just watered it with regular purified water? thanks in advance for any responses

hello and welcome to the site my friend...you can veg and flower in the same box...most people use two boxes so they can keep a good supply going..they veg for 6-8 weeks then take clones and put donors in flower..always having some in veg and flower..but if you plan on only 2 plants then what if both are male?..and as for water..I use distilled water....check the PH of the water you want to use...as long as its neutral yu will be fine...also do yourself a favor and read read read...then build..and then grow...the more you know befor hand the less troubles you will have during the grow..Hope this helps..Take care and be safe

KEEP M GREEN

To be safe you should start maybe four or five plants in vegg. After that put them into flower and they should weed themselves out when they sex. The chances of all of them being female are extremely small so you will be able to thin the crop down to two or three.

Growing in the same box is fine. As it was already said most people use two chambers to keep a steady supply. I just grow and vegg. in the same chamber because I don't have enough room for two medium boxes, just one large one. As far as water is concerned I go to the local mega mart and just get a couple 2.5 gallon jugs of water every week. The price per gallon for a refill if you bring the jugs back is like 30cents a gallon. Five gallons costs me just over a dollar with tax, plus you don't have to worry about a bunch of different unknown chemicals making their way into the water supply like you would if you were using plain tap water.

Yes brother read read read. As for growing 2 plants in one box well yes you can do that. You may get a male plant you never know. As for starting off you can do this and you might get lucky. If you want to go a little step further and find a female before you flower well you need to "Clone for Sex". I'd explain more but theres a lot to do with cloning dude. I recommend these books for your library
"Marijuana Horticulture the indoor/outdoor medical growers bible" new edition by Jorge Cervantes, any book by Ed Rosenthal Closet Cultivator is good. "Grow Great Marijuana" by Logan Edwards he gives a common sense approach and much knowledge and if you want "Organic marijuana Soma style" by Soma great insight on organic growing. This should get you started. The first one I mentioned buy first. Happy growing

i took some measurements the other day a learned that my closet is 25"x39.5"

will this be to small of an area to grow in?

keep in mind im only planning to grow a small plant or 2, but this just seems too small

Latest posts

Back