Couple spots of mold

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonnieB

Reaction score
These giant buds are hanging in a well ventilated area, not crowded, and I found a little bit of mold. Not a lot, but it was on 3 or 4 buds. The contaminated was cut away and I cut the buds up and placed them in a paper bag with a hydrometer. Should I burp the bag like jars? Humidity is 81% on top. And 87 bottom. I have the bag open now and rotate the nuggets.

Holly crap ....90% in a bag!! You are gonna have a lot more mold. Get them back on drying trays. What is the humidity in the room? You didn't hang long enough. Never de-bone until the branches supporting the buds snap when you bend them.

Okay that's done. Phucking zero problems until now. They're on a drying rack. one of those round ones you hang. I read about drying buds in a paper bag. I was following that article but it wasn't sitting right on my gut, hence the post. Im truly grateful for the hand holding. Its a little embarrassing but curing and drying is tricky lol.

No it is a simple process you just have to do it a couple of times. I use nothing but touch. 6 to 8 days hanging until the branches snap. 2 days in paper sacks and then to jars. Then it is a crispy spongy process until you can leave the jars mostly closed.....30 days out from harvest and you have excellent smoke....if you grew it properly. Since you use a hydromoter you want the humidity at 60% in jars.

After a few runs you can do it from seed to finish in your sleep!

Cutting them up into nuggets seems to be helping a bunch. Now that they are spread out and hung i can tell a difference. The humidity here is low but fluxes at night. I need a dehumidifier if I plan on drying lots of bud. Thats obvious now. The closet i use is plenty enough for size. But I upped the airflow and put a small space heater in that room. Not the closet, but the room. With a small fan for circulation. The other buds dried and cured perfectly but these gorilla glue buds were huge and dense. I knew drying was gonna be a challenge but they still surprised me

I am going to follow your post to the letter.

Are you running a fan in the dry room, just dont point fan right at the buds (off to side or a wall)
I agree with PUTES
90% is like just cut buds, get them down to around 65% and then slow the dry to approx 60% in PBags then I jar and burp.
I am preety sure Putes does similar.

This being my first grow, I've learned so much. Im also aware my grow went better than many others 1st grows. Once I get this curing down, I'll be great. Lol. Im using a new nutrient called RAW NPK its the highest water soluble npk available to the public. I must say I am impressed with how well it dissolves. The humic acid is 57% and the silica doesn't jack up my ph either. Im impressed so far. The NPK values are ridiculous something like 29-61-52. So you only use 1/16-1/8th tsp measurements. Check out raw npk if you're curious.

1607971795735.png

Make sure those buds feel nice and crispy...check the jars often and burp them...mold loves jars.
Oh. I am, buddy. I have hydrometer in a few jars too. Everything is looking good. Thanks for all your help. Truly.

Help...I just keep the coffee warm here.....
You helped me tons. I can't speak for others but appreciate it. A lot. I started a new nutrients line too. Im very impressed so far. Never got this reaction using Jack's

Latest posts

Back