CPU power supply VS 250 W HPS?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firepower

Reaction score
I just recently upgraded my computer with with an 800 watt power supply so i can run my Gaming video cards, then i started thinking CRAP!! is this thin really running @ 800 watts?? my computer is constantly on during the day and for most of the week and was wondering if this is really pulling more wattage than my 250 watt HPS ill be ordering soon...

when you think about it, most computers now have 400 and 500 watt as standard power supplies nowadays, easier to conceal the nice HPS lights since most people have desktops on their house..:rolleyes: ..:aok:

Firepower said:
I just recently upgraded my computer with with an 800 watt power supply so i can run my Gaming video cards, then i started thinking CRAP!! is this thin really running @ 800 watts?? my computer is constantly on during the day and for most of the week and was wondering if this is really pulling more wattage than my 250 watt HPS ill be ordering soon...

when you think about it, most computers now have 400 and 500 watt as standard power supplies nowadays, easier to conceal the nice HPS lights since most people have desktops on their house..:rolleyes: ..:aok:

Well its not so simple, it has more too do with how many things you have in your computer pulling power from the supply.

Check this out, http://computer.howstuffworks.com/power-supply3.htm

Now if you add in the monitor you can run a 400 watt light for the same money.

Latest posts

Back