Crappy plant with premature amber: what do!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyNuggs

Reaction score
Hey folks, newish grower with a problem plant.
Short story, bought a bunch of NLAuto seeds on offer (rqs) and ended up with 2 survivors from that batch.
1st one grew out and was a little sickly but yeilded a couple zips of if not great flower, was at least nice weed and I was grateful for it.

But when growing it only filled out in last 2 weeks, prior to that it was ultra fluff.

This one is now in last 10 days or so, but during my examination there are already a bunch of milky & amber trics all over (despite no frost at all) and there is absolutly no bulk in in the flower pods, and the begnings of foxtailing to boot.

P_20200412_090541.jpg P_20200412_090549.jpg P_20200412_090603.jpg

Looks like it should for the most part (minus obv tric coverage) and is stinking up my kitchen but given I was relying on a couple weeks extra to fill out the flowers, which apart from being super small and barly worth processing now appears is just gonna turn it into sleepy time weed i dont really want.

Is it worth keeping it in my grow?

Should i chop it and if i so how should I use it to get the best from it, because this is gonna be **** to smoke.

I dont have screens or anything, as i simply smoke flower upto now so not sure how to move forward, should i just trash he plant and move on or can i get something from it.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks

Chop id say. You got bit by the ruderalis monster. Most of here have stopped growing autos because of the inconsistency of the genetics.

If it hasn't bulked up yet it probably won't.
It still has value though. Don't just throw it away. Chop it and extract the medicine out of it

You could try making Bubble hash, or press it.

Bubble bags are about $25 (reusable), and a bag of ice for another $2. Just harvest it, bag it, and put it in the freezer until you're ready. Certainly cant hurt to try...

Good luck

I was thinking about giving autos a try. This now has me hesitant.

LOL--this is exactly why I don't grow autos. I tried a few and mine ALWAYS looked like that. I never had any kind of decent harvest from one. I'd do as the others have suggested and make hash or you could make some other type of concentrate.

Thanks for all your input.
Think for ease, i'll chop it and freeze it til i get myself some ice hash bags.
Assuming i dont need to dry it now, I can stick it in a bag n forget for now.
Add another notch, as its all new to me.
Cheers

A friend from another forum sent me some auto seeds, 3 strains.
Gabago...2 of 3 germinated. Seed pod would not come off of one seedling. Tried to help it but no good, it died. Remaining plant was a male.
Miss Piggy...2 of 3 germinated, both female. Harvested and are curing.
Mr. Magoo...3 of 3 germinated, 2 females. Grew like autos, but would not show sex until lights went to 12/12, still growing
Also germinated 9 regular Apollo 13 seeds. 8 sprouted. 7 of 8 turned out to be males. Pollinated her and she is growing great, full of seeds.
Only the second time and the last time i'm gonna grow autos.

I still got half a dozen or so seeds here so will keep em in my veg space for exras and a couple root experiments, although may have to rethink situation once they are done: autos are a little too temperamental for my liking.
Prefer the photoeriods too, much more hands on tbh.

[QUOTE="JimmyNuggs, post: 1082569, member: 59565"
Assuming i dont need to dry it now, I can stick it in a bag n forget for now.
Cheers[/QUOTE]
No need to dry it. In fact, its recommended that you do it fresh/frozen.

On the plus side, I've read that an early harvest is great for bubble hash, giving it a more blonde color to the hash. That was certainly true with my first batch I tried.

Again, good luck.

I had one do that. From a real cheap seed set I bought. I dried it and saved the lose buds. It is a nice pleasant buzz when I want to go out and want to be able to function.

Took a few of the more 'full' spindly tops, will get a good smoke on it somepoint down the line, but ordered my bags so its into the freezer until they get here.
This was the last of 8 NL beans from RQS. All but one were awful or never cracked. I can say is RQS genetics (NLAuto at least), are crap to the end.

So, back to wringing my hands now, in next week or so ive got a BigBudXXL (ministry of seeds) and my Hulkberry finishing.
Smells amazing.
Feck you RQS - last time I buy your ****.

I didnt read all the repplys. But i think you used way to mutch nitrogen. A plant might look ok but you end up wirh low bud weight
Fox tail. All the above.

Hey folks, newish grower with a problem plant.
Short story, bought a bunch of NLAuto seeds on offer (rqs) and ended up with 2 survivors from that batch.
1st one grew out and was a little sickly but yeilded a couple zips of if not great flower, was at least nice weed and I was grateful for it.

But when growing it only filled out in last 2 weeks, prior to that it was ultra fluff.

This one is now in last 10 days or so, but during my examination there are already a bunch of milky & amber trics all over (despite no frost at all) and there is absolutly no bulk in in the flower pods, and the begnings of foxtailing to boot.

View attachment 260619 View attachment 260620 View attachment 260621

Looks like it should for the most part (minus obv tric coverage) and is stinking up my kitchen but given I was relying on a couple weeks extra to fill out the flowers, which apart from being super small and barly worth processing now appears is just gonna turn it into sleepy time weed i dont really want.

Is it worth keeping it in my grow?

Should i chop it and if i so how should I use it to get the best from it, because this is gonna be **** to smoke.

I dont have screens or anything, as i simply smoke flower upto now so not sure how to move forward, should i just trash he plant and move on or can i get something from it.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome.
Thanks
Make edibles from it with coconut oil

This may sound corny, but I’d be suspicious about some kind of infection, such as a bacterial canker. But another poster had a good idea that it might be a chemical imbalance. If your stems are discolored, you might lean toward an infection. Hopefully not. If you can get a diagnosis from someone with botany/horticulture experience, that would help. But for sure, your plants shouldn’t look that way. Idea: transplant them in clean, enriched soil after washing the roots. That might give them a new kickstart.

Latest posts

Back