Crash!!!! Help!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bud88

Reaction score
a few minutes ago I heard a bang and when I went out on the deck I find the awning had fallen down on my girls.......I guess I am lucky because it only broke one main branch. However this branch was the one that looked like it would have the largest cola.....8-10". This being my first ever grow@% I am crushed and dont know what is the best thing to do....it didnt completely sever the stalk but its more than 75% severed.....I taped it up and tied it to a stake...

Which is best to do......just take it as a loss and not try to save it or do as I did and hope? Third week of flowering period and now I am worried that it could cause that plant to hermie?
What should I do?

At the moment it is taped together....I suppose it could be worse and the awning could have pancaked both of my plants instead of just one stalk...but damn.....I am betting this is going to cost me a good OZ if i do lose it....I posted a couple of pics in my grow thread below

I would do just as you did and just cross your fingers. These girls are so versatile, as you'll find out in the future ;)

I've accidently split my main stalk down the center a couple times (on plants that were topped) and used non-scented wax cube (cut into chunks, hand warmed and stuffed in the hole) and duct tape.

Generally, if you taped it good enough and lined everything up, it shouldn't miss a beat! If it's catastrophic, you'll know in 24-48 hours or so.. it will reject the part that won't recover.

Good luck, and keep us informed! :)

Super glue. Have used super glue to help out with a split trunk at topping point. Splint, tape and super glue to the rescue. It does work.

I have been amazed at the ability of cannabis to heal itself when one the branches is broken. You may well find that it is going to be just fine. However, like DGF said, you have pretty much everything you can do for now. Even if it does not reheal itself, I doubt that it could cost you an entire ounce in yield.

You did the right thing. You'll be able to tell within a day or two if it will make it. Green mojo my friend

Report back today with your thoughts on it. Think it's going to recover? If it hasn't wilted down dramatically, then you have a great chance of recovery :aok:

^ they nailed it.

Splint it and let-er-heal. Yah I know I'm late on this one lol

Latest posts

Back