Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You may have stumbled upon a variegated plant. You know how to pick ‘em…

Congrats on the female. I can’t tell from the picture but I’m happy for you.
Ha, not very professional. It once housed a Raspberry Pi that controlled a tool changer on my mill. But the tool changer was accidentally milled to death by a bad CNC command : )

Ha, not very professional. It once housed a Raspberry Pi that controlled a tool changer on my mill. But the tool changer was accidentally milled to death by a bad CNC command : )
Mrs Fogey hates that I keep stuff like that in my tool room/pile of stuff. The advantage to keeping items like that frequently pop up though when I ‘Rube Goldberg’ something. It looks like a prototype to me. Refinement after prototyping to make it look pretty for the masses…

Mrs Fogey hates that I keep stuff like that in my tool room/pile of stuff. The advantage to keeping items like that frequently pop up though when I ‘Rube Goldberg’ something. It looks like a prototype to me. Refinement after prototyping to make it look pretty for the masses…
I get a lot of grief for all the junk I keep as well. I always answer the question, "what could you possibly make with that crap?", with, "if I knew I would have already made it".

Dumb question, but do large lizards eat tomatoes? I have a couple in the raised garden close to 10 inches long. I have seen them eat bugs, so I doubt tomatoes are on their diet, but they are absurdly large compared to the lizards we normally have around here. I still wouldn't go after them if they were the culprits. They are just too cool to kill.

I still have something eating the heirloom tomatoes in the dutch bucket. They get through chicken wire and bird netting, and can get the tomatoes all the way at the top.

I guess it won't mater soon. Those plants have had early blight since I put them out, and I'm getting tired of fighting it. I am growing some clones nearby that don't have blight, so these older ones are coming down pretty soon.

I ripped off all the netting and pruned anything that didn't have tomatoes or blooms. I found lots of ladybugs and one hatch of nematodes. I saw no spider mites or aphids, though there are some aphids on the cherry tomatoes 6 feet away. There are enough nematodes on them to keep the aphids under control as long as I keep the ants away.

Day 70. Starting to take off finally. I'm adding em-1 to the feed water now. Not sure if it helps, but the timing is right. The two little marigolds are looking pretty happy as well.

fs24-jpg.303802
fs24.jpg

Last edited:
Day 27 for the Auto Caramelicious plants. I found what looks like a single bite mark on one leaf. I decided to ignore it. If a few more show up, though, I'm going in with a flame thrower... Still no idea why the leaves on the bigger one are changing color.

crml03.jpg

Day 70. Starting to take off finally. I'm adding em-1 to the feed water now. Not sure if it helps, but the timing is right. The two little marigolds are looking pretty happy as well.

fs24-jpg.303802
View attachment 303809
Mine are at day 42. I’m hoping mine will look equally as freaky at day 70. Great job crash 😊

A few leaves on the Auto Caramelicious plants have some marks like this:

crml04.jpg

I looked for half an hour with a scope and didn't see any bugs on any leaf. But it does make me nervous. I'm going to pretend they are water marks for now...

The crazy THC Bomb just won't stop stretching. It's time to get creative with the tie wire, I think. Even tied down in two directions the main stems are as tall as the plant is supposed to get. The ties help, but the stems have a hard/woody bark that doesn't recover easily from hard bends.

thcb08.jpg

I know I just posted these a few days ago, but I'm bored. The one Supafreak is growing fast. Wish its sibling would catch up a little.

The solo cup has a seedling I sprouted from some seeds my neighbor gave me. She got them in a local store and had just one plant which was starting flower before she learned it was a male. It was definitely male, not hermed.

Day Day Genetics, 33 Nutz S1 Gelato 33 X Peanut Butter Breath Feminized.

So beware Day Day Genetics and false advertising. I have two of the seeds, so it will be interesting to see if either are also males. They both had the "volcano" at the large end which is a long debunked method of selecting female seeds.

sf06.jpg

I think the smaller Supafreak is dying. No sign of disease, it just stopped growing similar to being over watered. There are some things I can do, I know, but I've had my fill of rescuing plants for a while. It will make it on its own, or not. It's not like I don't have something else to put in that pot.

I think the smaller Supafreak is dying. No sign of disease, it just stopped growing similar to being over watered. There are some things I can do, I know, but I've had my fill of rescuing plants for a while. It will make it on its own, or not. It's not like I don't have something else to put in that pot.
Maybe you just forgot how slow the freakshow started out. If it’s not dying, I bet it makes it only supaslow supafreak 😊

Edit. How you feeling crash? I hope better💕
Not so well at the moment, fever has me again. I taped off the AC vent and got the room up to 81 degrees, and still shiver under the blanket. It's like having my own private igloo in the middle of death valley : )

Things are improving, though. The fever lasted more than 24 hours the first day. Now it can barley manage 2 hours. I'll be out watering the garden later.

Not so well at the moment, fever has me again. I taped off the AC vent and got the room up to 81 degrees, and still shiver under the blanket. It's like having my own private igloo in the middle of death valley : )

Things are improving, though. The fever lasted more than 24 hours the first day. Now it can barley manage 2 hours. I'll be out watering the garden later.
Are you taking anything for the fever? Hope it breaks soon and you get to feeling your crazy self again

Latest posts

Back