Crash Journal

RosterMan

Live Life, Sail
Joined
Mar 23, 2022
Messages
10,373
Reaction score
36,433
Location
Sailing Away on the High Seas.
I had forgotten. The rest of the plant gets chopped today! : )
HC_Exercise_Chop_Wood_Animated_BG.gif
 

CrashMagnet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,800
Location
Eastern VA
Chop day for the THC Bomb, except for the two lower branches.

thcb05.jpg
thcb06.jpg


After trying to cleanup the ones with bud rot I chopped last night I decided I didn't want to work that hard. I trashed about 30% of what was left, and most of what I trimmed last night. Still, there's a lot of bud left. I'm pretty happy overall, and now I can plan to beat the inch worms next year : )

This is about 75% of what I kept. The other 25% is already trimmed and in the dehydrator. It's all going into butter, so I'm not real concerned about taste. Based on previous harvests, I think it's a little under a pound. Probably would have gotten two pounds without the inch worms.

thcb07.jpg
 

CrashMagnet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,800
Location
Eastern VA
I also finished cleaning and drying the surviving Caramelicious Auto. After digging out all the seeds I could probably climb the walls with these sticky fingers. Now I know Spider Man's secret...

Here are the seeds I got. I pollinated with a selfed Auto Animal Cookies plant, so I guess they are Auto Caramelicious Animal Cookies. Something like that. My wife made me count them, 126 seeds total.

car01.jpg
 

oldfogey8

Grouch
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
7,403
Reaction score
17,691
Chop day for the THC Bomb, except for the two lower branches.

View attachment 309307 View attachment 309308

After trying to cleanup the ones with bud rot I chopped last night I decided I didn't want to work that hard. I trashed about 30% of what was left, and most of what I trimmed last night. Still, there's a lot of bud left. I'm pretty happy overall, and now I can plan to beat the inch worms next year : )

This is about 75% of what I kept. The other 25% is already trimmed and in the dehydrator. It's all going into butter, so I'm not real concerned about taste. Based on previous harvests, I think it's a little under a pound. Probably would have gotten two pounds without the inch worms.

View attachment 309313
lol. When I first started growing, I wouldn’t deep six much of anything. The longer I grew, the more flippant I got. Popcorn buds I used to manicure went into the trim pile. Then some popcorn wasn’t even worth the bother. It didn’t take you long to reach that point. When your cup runneth over, it becomes no big deal to spill some…
 

Hippie420

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges!
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Aug 25, 2014
Messages
8,152
Reaction score
24,255
Location
Northville Psychiatric Hospital Alumni
lol. When I first started growing, I wouldn’t deep six much of anything. The longer I grew, the more flippant I got. Popcorn buds I used to manicure went into the trim pile. Then some popcorn wasn’t even worth the bother. It didn’t take you long to reach that point. When your cup runneth over, it becomes no big deal to spill some…
My next grow, I'm cuttin' the top colas off of each plant and the rest is going in the hash-o-matic.
 

sharonp

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2020
Messages
697
Reaction score
910
Location
USA
So having 5-9 plants in VA carries a $250 penalty, at least for the first offense, and in 2021, there were fewer than 2500 cannabis related arrests. Probably fewer this year due to increases in other, higher value crimes.

I only found one news article about someone getting arrested for too many (52) plants and he will spend a grand total of 10 days in jail and pay $1000 (plus expensive legal fees), and NOT be charged with a felony. He also had more than 5 lbs of bud with more than a pound in his truck.

Still can't figure out the possession side of things. More than an ounce is illegal, but you can give away up to an ounce. And if you grow one plant, you will very likely have far more than an ounce, especially at harvest time. So if the police get a warrant to look for illegal plants, it seems likely they will also search and find stored bud which is nearly impossible to keep under a pound, much less under an ounce.

Even four or less plants is illegal unless they are labeled with grower's name and marked for personal use.

Can't decide if the legislators are incompetent or evil. Probably both. Seems like they went out of their way to obfuscate the laws.
I don't have mine labelled, but they are inside. They can't search your house without a warrant.
 

SubmarineGirl

Well-Known Member
Bud of the Month Winner
Joined
Nov 4, 2021
Messages
5,753
Reaction score
20,499
Location
Virginia Beach
Chop day for the THC Bomb, except for the two lower branches.

View attachment 309307 View attachment 309308

After trying to cleanup the ones with bud rot I chopped last night I decided I didn't want to work that hard. I trashed about 30% of what was left, and most of what I trimmed last night. Still, there's a lot of bud left. I'm pretty happy overall, and now I can plan to beat the inch worms next year : )

This is about 75% of what I kept. The other 25% is already trimmed and in the dehydrator. It's all going into butter, so I'm not real concerned about taste. Based on previous harvests, I think it's a little under a pound. Probably would have gotten two pounds without the inch worms.

View attachment 309313
So how much do the inchworms weigh 😜
 

CrashMagnet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,800
Location
Eastern VA
Finished trimming and drying the THC Bomb. In the process of decarbing it all. Dried it came in at barely half a pound. I thought it would be more, but I guess cutting out the rot I hadn't seen initially took its toll. There were quite a few seeds, but I didn't keep them. No way to know what pollen went where.

I also cut the last two branches off, the ones pollinated with freak show pollen, and set them to dry. I want to sprout a bunch of them and pick out the biggest that look like freak show. Then let them share the tent and pollinate so I get more seeds to repeat the process. Probably better ways to do it, but I haven't really read much about breeding techniques yet. I don't even qualify as a pollen chucker : )
 

CrashMagnet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,800
Location
Eastern VA
Collected this from the poor Auto Animal Cookies plant I sprayed with colloidal silver, then let die from neglect. Since they were already crispy dry, I just had to brush them into the screen and crush them with the plastic plant label. Didn't get much compared to a male, but more than I will ever need.

I already have tons of those seeds from a sale with free seeds, but I'm sure I will use the pollen on some auto or other. Hopefully I won't get the stuff on the whole plant like I suspect I did with the THC Bomb.

aacpollen.jpg
 

CrashMagnet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,800
Location
Eastern VA
First treatment with AGrowLyte of some serious PM on flowers near their end of life. I used the mild concentration of 2:1 water to AGrowLyte, and I used a hand sprayer since the electrostatic one I bought doesn't work. Going to try to remember to spray them every day until it's gone or the flowers die.

For a single "mild" treatment it did pretty well. The pics are before, while wet, and just after they dried. Where the PM was completely removed, the leaves still look wet but are dry. They were all shiny before the PM set in.

pm1.jpg

pm2.jpg

pm3.jpg
 

CrashMagnet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,800
Location
Eastern VA
The PM was back this afternoon. Couldn't really tell where I had sprayed. Not sure if it's dead, but it's definitely still all over the leaves. I sprayed it again to see what happens. Anyway, it makes me think spraying bud rot won't make it any safer to smoke.

I made a couple of pounds of infused butter using 4 cups of ground decarbed bud. My wife immediately made me some brownies. I hope I can control my self and just eat one tonight...

The three mutants I have remaining are in the grow/bloom room which I switched to 12/12 last week. I can't see any of the damage I did forgetting to water the two in the back, the ABC and CSM plants. I planted the Stealth Fighter late, so it doesn't know what a bad plant owner I am.

The CSM leaves have always looked a bit shaggy, but the new leaves at the beginning of flower look pretty curled. Must be giving it too much nitrogen. Going to switch to the low N tomato nutes like I did with the THC Bomb and hopefully get that under control. They all get just water until Friday, though.

frk01.jpg
frk02.jpg

frk03.jpg
 

SubmarineGirl

Well-Known Member
Bud of the Month Winner
Joined
Nov 4, 2021
Messages
5,753
Reaction score
20,499
Location
Virginia Beach
Maybe the AGrowLyte would help prevent PM with regular treatments prior to getting it but once you have it…you have it. I may try something next year as a preventative for it tho, just want it to be safe to use on the buds.

So I love the mutants. Looking forward to seeing them grow out. Did you lose the train wreck? I loved that plant. Is it the CSM plant? It looks similar
 

CrashMagnet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
1,120
Reaction score
2,800
Location
Eastern VA
Maybe the AGrowLyte would help prevent PM with regular treatments prior to getting it but once you have it…you have it. I may try something next year as a preventative for it tho, just want it to be safe to use on the buds.

So I love the mutants. Looking forward to seeing them grow out. Did you lose the train wreck? I loved that plant. Is it the CSM plant? It looks similar
The multi colored auto? I got some seeds from it, pollinated it with an auto animal cookies plant that I sprayed with colloidal silver. I did lose the supafreak, though, since it was male.
 

Latest posts

Top