Crash Journal

CrashMagnet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
975
Reaction score
2,388
Location
Eastern VA
Had to zoom in to show the micro buds, but they are there. Still waiting for the ones I'm spraying to start making pollen sacks.

abc04.jpg
 

CrashMagnet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
975
Reaction score
2,388
Location
Eastern VA
Spent the last couple of hours looking at leaves through a magnifier. There was one (I think) thrip on the blooming CSM plant, so all the plants got another shot of soap spray. I looked at about 50 leaves on the ABC plant before giving up the search. Not that I'm taking chances, but if thrips manage to multiply on the CSM plant, it will be interesting to find out how resistant the ABC plant is.

The CSM plant also got heavily pruned. I took maybe half the large fan leaves to give the buds more light and reduce the area I need to scan for thrips. It still looks like a shaggy dog. Might have to prune more.
 

CrashMagnet

Well-Known Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2022
Messages
975
Reaction score
2,388
Location
Eastern VA
Spent most of last night in the shop scanning leaves for thrips. I didn't expect to find any, but needed a break from the insanity going on in the house. This time I scanned almost the entire ABC plant, and found no thrips and no thrip-looking leaf damage. The CSM plant had some thrip damage I didn't see the last time, but I didn't find any thrips on any leaves damaged or not.

No thrip damage on either of the freak show plants in veg, and none on the CSM and ABC plants I'm selfing. The one CSM clone I kept has lots of thrip damage from before, but its 20 or so leaves were all thrip free. I'm feeling more confident I was able to stop them completely before they got out of control. Glad I only have a few plants to protect this time.

The soap spray I used made some of the leaves curl like they have too much nitrogen. Or maybe I managed to overfeed the vegging plants. Wouldn't be the first time : ) They all get tap water for the rest of the week. That and some spinosad spray just for added caution. I also dusted the pots with DE under the assumption the thrips were in the soil I reused from other pots that might have been outside. I had rinsed the reused soil, but maybe not enough.
 
Top