Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or try a seeded bud left in front of a fan for a few days. It’ll be dry as a bone.
I got impatient and tore open the three plugs with Alien OG seeds from my first grow. All three had popped, and I cooked the crap out of them in the dehydrator.

The Freak Bomb seeds just turn fuzzy and never pop. I did have one last week that stuck its tail out before it died. The ones in the paper towel all already have fuzz on them, even after the detergent treatment. Sorry for the burple, it's the only light I had nearby.

fuzz01.jpg

fuzz02.jpg

Random notes...

I tossed the Freak Bomb seeds into a drawer, away from the rest, but not in the trash yet. I have a few other ideas I might try this summer if I don't have another batch by then.

In the mean time I now have two Freak Show seedlings, the unknown auto Seedling, 3 Alien OG just sprouted, and 4 giant marigold sprouted. Then I found 2 Supafreak seeds I had left on the table and forgotten about, and started those as well. The tent is suddenly looking a little crowded : )

I took a cutting from the CSM plant, trimmed off the buds and stuck it in the little homemade DWC cloner. I might try a graft as well, but I would rather wait for the clone to reveg and take a scion from that.

Speaking of grafts, I removed the bag from the one with electrical tape last night and it's doing fine. The other looks good as well, but it's probably too early to know for sure.

gr22.jpg
gr23.jpg

I have my eye on a THC Bomb lower branch for the next scion candidate. Can't even see it as close together as the branches are. I guess 900 watts of LED lighting is a pretty good substitute for super cropping : )

thcb003.jpg

More random notes... Too busy lately to keep up. My Germany trip is now slated for April. I was worried it would be February. I have a lot of code to write before I go, though.

Latest grafts aren't looking too healthy. I've been busy and neglected to water everything. Took a quick look this morning before work, and the grafts were the only things that seem to have suffered. I watered everything and headed to work. Pretty sure I left the tent open, though. Oops...

All four of the marigolds are growing. I had a 5th seed that I tossed because it was too close to the fuzzy Freak Bomb seeds on the paper towel I used to germinate them.

Going through my box of seeds last night I found another bag of about 20 seeds I labeled "Unknown + THC Bomb". These were seeds on branches I didn't intentionally pollinate, but probably Freak Bomb as well. Going to try starting a couple of those when I have space for them.

One of the two Supafreak seeds germinated, but still waiting for the other. Both Freak Shows are into seedling status, but one is growing really slow. It might make it, I dunno. I'm not patient enough anymore to nurse it along like I did the little Early Miss runt last year. The three Alien OG seedlings are looking good, so is the THC Bomb in veg which I now have tied down for some LST. Those things grow tall...

No joy yet on rooting any clones. The little DWC has a fair success rate, but generally they all root or none do. This might be the later kind.

Nothing new on the CSM or flowering auto. I stuck the other auto seedling in the flower room as well. Half as much light time doesn't seem to bother it.

I'll take some pics tonight...

I lost the THC Bomb scion, but the second ABC scion may yet make it. I was going to do a couple more, but my last razor knife blade is getting dull. I'm convinced a sharp razor is essential for grafting, especially after losing the one I cut with this dull blade. Anyway, I removed the electrical tape from the one good one, and added a little grafting sealer to the seams. The graft looked solid, but I didn't want moisture or bugs getting into the seams.

gr25.jpg

gr26.jpg

Various plants in the tent. The one in the back is the THC Bomb I already sacrificed its two lower branches to grafting errors, and chopped off all its giant fan leaves.
tent04.jpg

The two Freakshow plants. Don't know why the little one is struggling. Seeks like only one side of the plant is growing at all. If they both turn out to be female, that one won't be involved in any breeding...

fr01.jpg

fr02.jpg

Another couple of weeks and I should be ready for approach grafting. This is four ABC clones I've been herding together to hopefully combine for a much larger main stalk. I've seen it done with trees, so it "should" work here as well. Maybe I should wait until I'm better at it, though!

gr27.jpg

I was removing a fan leaf from the THC Bomb and accidentally pinched off a small branch. It was a race to get a graft setup, but I got something that might work. I cut my finger on the double edge razor blade I used, dumb ass that I am. Since I was already bleeding, I went ahead and added another ABC scion, this time higher up using a smaller branch. Both matched up pretty well, and I wound the tape as tight as I could.

gr28.jpg

gr29.jpg

I looked through all the lower branches of the CSM and still didn't see any viable seeds. I think what I was looking at before wasn't really seeds. They were less than 1/4 the size of a normal seed, white and near the base of the bract. I'm also wondering if I might have dried the pollen donor in the dehydrator, and at what temperature. Maybe I killed the pollen...

Whatever the reason, this poor girl is full of amber trichomes and so heavy it tips the pot over if I forget to water it on time. All the branches are bent over with a sort of auto super cropping and making it almost a foot shorter than it would be otherwise. So chop day is probably Sunday.

1674168353067.png

I looked through all the lower branches of the CSM and still didn't see any viable seeds. I think what I was looking at before wasn't really seeds. They were less than 1/4 the size of a normal seed, white and near the base of the bract. I'm also wondering if I might have dried the pollen donor in the dehydrator, and at what temperature. Maybe I killed the pollen...

Whatever the reason, this poor girl is full of amber trichomes and so heavy it tips the pot over if I forget to water it on time. All the branches are bent over with a sort of auto super cropping and making it almost a foot shorter than it would be otherwise. So chop day is probably Sunday.

View attachment 317856

you may still find some mature seeds inside some of those inner buds

with all the amber , sounds like you are gonna be enjoying some stoney weed

looking forward to a smoke report

I was removing a fan leaf from the THC Bomb and accidentally pinched off a small branch. It was a race to get a graft setup, but I got something that might work. I cut my finger on the double edge razor blade I used, dumb ass that I am. Since I was already bleeding, I went ahead and added another ABC scion, this time higher up using a smaller branch. Both matched up pretty well, and I wound the tape as tight as I could.

View attachment 317854

View attachment 317855
Maybe crash blood is a good grafting solution?

you may still find some mature seeds inside some of those inner buds

with all the amber , sounds like you are gonna be enjoying some stoney weed

looking forward to a smoke report
The most amber I've seen on any plant I grew. Probably have to take a nap after the first toke : )

Years back, I bought a surgical kit off of ebay. I use the scissors to clip the branch off and then give it a nice angle cut with a scalpel. Saves fingers over a double edged razor blade. The curved scissors is what I use to trim buds.

I think I'm going to end up grafting the marigolds to the freak show plant instead of the other way around. They are barely out of their seeds, and this freak show plant is already ready to be topped. The smaller one is still 3 times the size of the marigolds planted about the same time.

fr03.jpg

It's finally over. I have no idea how long it was in flower, but it was starting to feel like forever. It's also the clone of a clone of a clone. I have one cutting that may or may not root. If it does, I'll reverse it and collect some pollen, but I don't want to grow another CSM plant for a while.

This is just a rough trim. I'll clean it up when I start clipping branches. It has to be the stickiest, stinkiest plant I've grown yet. I got a headache trimming it last night and had to quit half way through, then my wife told me to shower immediately or get out. I ordered a couple of disposable chemical suits for the next harvest.

I saw plenty of what look like seeds. No dehydrator this time. I think @oldfogey8 is right, and I have been killing the seeds with it. Pollen too for that mater. The cannabis gods are punishing me for my dehydrator heresy : )

csmb019.jpg

It's finally over. I have no idea how long it was in flower, but it was starting to feel like forever. It's also the clone of a clone of a clone. I have one cutting that may or may not root. If it does, I'll reverse it and collect some pollen, but I don't want to grow another CSM plant for a while.

This is just a rough trim. I'll clean it up when I start clipping branches. It has to be the stickiest, stinkiest plant I've grown yet. I got a headache trimming it last night and had to quit half way through, then my wife told me to shower immediately or get out. I ordered a couple of disposable chemical suits for the next harvest.

I saw plenty of what look like seeds. No dehydrator this time. I think @oldfogey8 is right, and I have been killing the seeds with it. Pollen too for that mater. The cannabis gods are punishing me for my dehydrator heresy : )

View attachment 318056
Looks real nice crash. I love a sticky harvest 😊

I think I'm going to end up grafting the marigolds to the freak show plant instead of the other way around. They are barely out of their seeds, and this freak show plant is already ready to be topped. The smaller one is still 3 times the size of the marigolds planted about the same time.

View attachment 317922
That little freak is much faster than the ones I had

Latest posts

Back