Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the same problem. Gave away a dozen clones but still am left with these unruly girls in my spare room I really have no plans for. Been trimming them up anyway and they are remarkably strong and healthy for being under this cheap light. I’m sure I will have to ( I don’t want to say the word…) soon. For now their trim is making a nice bouquet for my kitchen which also continues to grow just under my kitchen light I keep my kitchen herbs under…
1F39A15C-A7F8-43AD-B184-F15A1C9C43A9.jpeg

I got the same problem. Gave away a dozen clones but still am left with these unruly girls in my spare room I really have no plans for. Been trimming them up anyway and they are remarkably strong and healthy for being under this cheap light. I’m sure I will have to ( I don’t want to say the word…) soon. For now their trim is making a nice bouquet for my kitchen which also continues to grow just under my kitchen light I keep my kitchen herbs under…
View attachment 319513
Clip them down and make a few Bonsai trees

View attachment 319513
I haven't tried to move any into the house yet. Might be a good idea the next time I want to spend a few days living somewhere else : )

This post is all things grafting...

My first successful approach graft, and it took in six days. I did put a clip on it after I took the pic, just in case growth and temperature changes push against the graft. In hind sight I think I should have made the graft a little longer for better strength. I might still do that.

gr035.jpg

gr036.jpg

Success making me bold I went ahead and started an approach graft on the two larger clones. I've had them tied together for a week so there would be less resistance to the position. It has some limbs complicating the graft, so after I taped it with the paraffin tape I added clips to the top and bottom. Probably won't feel safe to pull the clips and tape for a couple of weeks.

gr037.jpg

gr038.jpg

And yet another successful graft. This time I added an ABC scion to the THC Bomb. I was mostly just a test, so I pulled the humidity bag at six days same as the approach graft. I guess it could still fail, but it look really healthy at the moment.

gr039.jpg

And while I had the THC Bomb on the table I took a cutting and grafted it to the male freak I have been planning on tossing. One more test won't hurt. I got the idea the other grafts failed because I used a split stem on the root base which has a woody stem, and the scion stem was soft. This time I notched it with a razor blade and fitted the soft stem in a snug as I could. I'm also running the lights at 75% to keep it from drying up too fast.

gr040.jpg

The last seed order I got some papers and a bent up rolling rig as "free gifts". You would think I had better things to do, but nope, I spent an hour first trying to roll one by hand, then with the rolling rig. Notice the ones I hand rolled are not in the pic. Basically I suck. Maybe I would have done better if I had gotten stoned first.

Those things sure do hold a lot of weed. I wasn't able to finish one by myself. Makes me wonder how I was able to smoke several in one sitting back in the 70's : )

ww01.jpg

The last seed order I got some papers and a bent up rolling rig as "free gifts". You would think I had better things to do, but nope, I spent an hour first trying to roll one by hand, then with the rolling rig. Notice the ones I hand rolled are not in the pic. Basically I suck. Maybe I would have done better if I had gotten stoned first.

Those things sure do hold a lot of weed. I wasn't able to finish one by myself. Makes me wonder how I was able to smoke several in one sitting back in the 70's : )

View attachment 319805
I use a roll like that cheaper plastic version, and I can roll jays very thin, that smoke better than the big ones
They taste much sweeter if you can believe that, the smoke stays cooler too.
I use Elements Papers 1/2 size and get much cleaner burns, I did look the juicy jays a few yrs ago.
I was using The JJ papers so much I was afraid of the dyes in my lungs so i stopped buying them

I use a roll like that cheaper plastic version, and I can roll jays very thin, that smoke better than the big ones
I use Elements Papers 1/2 size and get much cleaner burns, I did look the juicy jays a few yrs ago.
I was using The JJ papers so much I was afraid of the dyes in my lungs so i stopped buying them
The first one I rolled with the machine was pretty thin. I ended up sticking the roach in the end of a one hitter to finish it tonight. The smoke from the jay is so much cooler than from my metal pipe. Probably won't use the pipe again. I didn't much like the flavored papers though, so now I need to buy some better ones.

The first one I rolled with the machine was pretty thin. I ended up sticking the roach in the end of a one hitter to finish it tonight. The smoke from the jay is so much cooler than from my metal pipe. Probably won't use the pipe again. I didn't much like the flavored papers though, so now I need to buy some better ones.
The banana and the cherry ones tasted good

Do others have this weird crap happen, or is it just me?

Here is an auto GSC I was starting for a friend. It sprouted normally along with another CSM seed. It has been over almost two weeks, and the CSM is doing fine. The GSC, however, looks like this:

gsc01.jpg
gsc02.jpg

The roots are growing like I would expect. I moved it to a larger cup to give them some room. But there are only cotyledons and as far as I can tell nothing else coming out of the stem anywhere.

1676404183858.png

Well it’s still green 🙃 no I’ve never seen that. Probably knows it needs to be really weird to hang around at your place. Wonder what kind of root ball you can get on that cotyledon plant 😂
Maybe it wants to be the root base for some other plant I graft on to it. If it knew my success rate, it would probably wilt in fear...

Giving my vegging freak bombs away, and my "unknown" auto which turns out to be a pink mango. Making room for a batch of autos in the spring.

I finally tossed the last male freak show as well. I have plenty of pollen from the one I cloned it from. It didn't make a very good root base for grafting, and that was the only reason I was keeping it.

Also planning on adding ten coffee plants to the grow space. That's assuming the seeds germinate. They seem to have similar environment requirements, but I will probably end up with another larger tent for them. I know ten plants will barely supplement my out of control coffee habit, but it's a start.

Oh yeah, my wife got me a 20 site OxyClone for our anniversary : ) And I was worried she didn't like me growing weed... Not sure how long I can resist filling it up! Probably get some freak bomb cuttings back at some point to clone and make seeds with.

My grow space is about to become private again. No unpredictable individuals observing with or without delusional interpretations. I will miss them dearly, but the stress has been extreme. We need a break if nothing else, and we are taking steps to prevent the same situation from happening here again - ever.

One of the two Supafreaks is a male. The other needs a couple more days but is looking like a female. I don't have any Supafreak pollen, so the male is going to have a full life. For now, it gets to reveg in the grow tent away from it's (hopefully) sister.

Not sure if I should remove the pollen sacks or let them stay. If they open, there's nothing in the tent to pollinate and I have a pollen filter on the intake to the flower room. Just don't know if leaving them will interfere with the reveg.

If I get a little pollen early, I might use it on the flowering ABC plant. The Freak Bomb leaves ended up normal, more or less, so both freak and ABC leaf types are recessive. An F1 cross "should" produce a regular looking plant, with F2 back crosses unpredictable. It would be cool to get one with both leaf types without grafting them together.

sfreak02.jpg

The approach graft is already pretty solid. New growth started to split the tape. I don't think the graft will separate, but I went ahead and added some more tape which I'll probably leave on until it splits again and falls off by itself. I took out the smaller pair and it took a pretty strong pull to separate them. Hopefully the same is true for the larger pair that I'm keeping.

1676651574156.png

The only other graft I have going since tossing the male freak show is the ABC to THC Bomb graft. That seems to be working well and isn't wilting without the bag.

1676651843666.png

View attachment 319805

I bought a $4.00 rolling machine at the local smoke shop a couple months ago.
Where has that thing been all my life?
That thing, coupled with the snazzy rechargeable electric herb grinder I just bought, hooooo boy!

I tried some colored, flavored papers a while back, but like you, I was suspicious of them, so only bought the one pack.

I bought a $4.00 rolling machine at the local smoke shop a couple months ago.
Where has that thing been all my life?
That thing, coupled with the snazzy rechargeable electric herb grinder I just bought, hooooo boy!
I couldn't believe how easy it was. Wish I had one in the 70's.

Latest posts

Back