Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More random notes.

Turns out I had 7 of the BSHW seeds - can't read my own writing. I planted four and three came up.

Lately I have been having better luck with clones than seeds. No idea why. Paper towel hasn't worked for the last 10 seeds at least. Grow plugs still work well, at least, and I always remove the sprout before it digs in too much, letting me reuse the same plug several times. But sprouting success rate is down from 100% as a complete nube to maybe 80% now. I guess I learned something I shouldn't have.

Also sprouted a couple of ABC feminized seeds to make sure I didn't kill them in the dehydrator. I also sprouted a triple lemon X triple something else I don't remember. I don't even remember why I planted it. Something to do with being stoned, I think.

The Supafreak clones are already rooted. One is ready to plant, and the other a day or so behind. The Oxi Cloner I got as an anniversary present is proving to be extremely efficient. It's now seven for seven including two I tried to clone in my DIY cloner first and failed. The longest I've had to wait to see roots is 7 days with a couple showing roots in 5 days.

Anyway, I'll be reversing one SF clone to pollinate the other. They just need a couple of weeks to grow a little. I'm going to bring down my smaller tent so they can be alone together : ) I'm going to make one more clone and pollinate that with the male SF. I want some regular seeds to cross with the BSHW.

The little Supafreak is already looking Christmas tree like. Maybe I should just let it grow until Christmas : )

1678138368847.png

The two clones are in gallon sized pots. Going to reverse one and flip them before they get too big for the pots. The domed solo cups are four (the last one sprouted after all) BSHW and two ABC and one Triple Grape X Triple Lemon. Two more ABC plants just popped their shells as well. That's way more than I wanted. I hope I can give some of them away, though not the BSHW. The tray has some coffee beans and pepper seedlings. The beans are not cooperating.

1678138579346.png

Just messing around. That's a THC Bomb clone in a solo cup dutch bucket. It seems pretty happy so far, though her sister in soil is already out growing her. Okra, radishes, tomatoes and brussel sprouts in the background getting ready for spring.

1678139332750.png

The approach graft on the two ABC clones finally shed it's paraffin tape. It worked out far better than I was expecting, since the trunk is almost twice its original size, and the clone(s) is already almost as big as its mother. I was planning on letting grow all summer, but with the whole BSHW thing going on I might have to flip it to get it out of the way.

1678147160073.png

1678147172984.png

1678147185492.png

Look at that. Wow crash you are a cool dude and I’m your biggest spider science fan
Speaking of spiders, I'm about ready to buy some more. I think the three or four I have in the flower room are all males. I watched this British dude go out to collect them dressed like he was hunting elephants. It's just not me. I couldn't even wear the hat, much less carry around a net :rolleyes:

Speaking of spiders, I'm about ready to buy some more. I think the three or four I have in the flower room are all males. I watched this British dude go out to collect them dressed like he was hunting elephants. It's just not me. I couldn't even wear the hat, much less carry around a net :rolleyes:
What kind of spiders?

Just messing around. That's a THC Bomb clone in a solo cup dutch bucket. It seems pretty happy so far, though her sister in soil is already out growing her. Okra, radishes, tomatoes and brussel sprouts in the background getting ready for spring.

View attachment 321552
Have you had good luck with thc bomb? I grew one crappy one and now I have a banana bomb going, which is a cross with thc bomb. Plant seems finicky

Have you had good luck with thc bomb? I grew one crappy one and now I have a banana bomb going, which is a cross with thc bomb. Plant seems finicky
I grew one outside last summer and it got so big I was worried neighbors would see and take offense. It was my first really big plant, so I've kept it going in one clone or another for a while. Finicky is about right. I'm always pinching off rusty looking leaves when the plants around it getting the same nutes look perfect.

Yikes, I have no idea how to prune this thing to give it air flow. It's more like a head of lettuce than a pot plant...

View attachment 321835

View attachment 321836
I had a plant that grew like a basketball once. Dense like yours. Never got any taller than about a foot. I gave up on it when the sister plants were ready to flower. Planted it in the woods and some animal ate it like a head of lettuce..,

Did your spiders arrive yet crash? Where did you get them? Post pics when they arrive
I didn't buy any. They just moved into the grow room last fall. I'm hoping to catch a few this summer to release in there. I just can't make myself pay $10+ for a little fuzzy spider.

I will keep you all in the loop…
My brother has taken some cuttings. He has never tried cloning so I will not get my hopes up too high. He has another plant that isn’t as ‘aggressively saw bladed’ but is similar. Now I am wondering if any of the folks who have the same seeds on here will see similar plants. Pheno-hunters-start your engines. He is pretty confident the Mimosa cross is the batch that has these traits for those playing along at home…

My brother has taken some cuttings. He has never tried cloning so I will not get my hopes up too high. He has another plant that isn’t as ‘aggressively saw bladed’ but is similar. Now I am wondering if any of the folks who have the same seeds on here will see similar plants. Pheno-hunters-start your engines. He is pretty confident the Mimosa cross is the batch that has these traits for those playing along at home…
The Mimosa X Triple Lemon?

Uh oh, I just started four BSHW plants. I don't remember the mimosa, though. I will check my seed box...

Edit: I have 12 of the Mimosa X Triple Lemon. No room for them at the moment, but I'll probably start a couple anyway.

Last edited:
Chopped the Auto Caramelicious X Auto Animal Cookies Purple plant today. I was in a hurry and just chopped the buds into the bowel trimmer. Only hand trimming was removing the few remaining large fan leaves. The whole process took less that 15 minutes, including slicing my finger open while cleaning the blade. The buds came out nice, but a few have blood on them. Wish I had made a video.

No worries about pollen or seeds, so into the dehydrator it went. I set the temp at minimum, 95 degrees, and left the door open. All I really wanted was someplace out of the way it could dry with a little breeze going.

Latest posts

Back