Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to run a THC Bomb clone in a solo cup dutch bucket using a paint strainer to keep the roots in. It worked for a while, but was growing sort of slow until a few days ago when it suddenly took off. I guess the roots got tired of waiting on the timer to feed them.

It just needs to grow a couple more weeks before I use it to make some feminized pollen.

1678570226487.png

1678570250273.png

1678570263219.png

Arg, I just convinced myself to buy another light so I would have room for more plants. Only surface not already covered with weed or veggies is the desk I made to hold the metal lathe. Good thing the lathe is still in storage...

Arg, I just convinced myself to buy another light so I would have room for more plants. Only surface not already covered with weed or veggies is the desk I made to hold the metal lathe. Good thing the lathe is still in storage...
You gonna have to move some of those plants to storage with the lathe 😂

This is the Auto Pink Mango that's been giving me trouble. It gets all the same soil, light and nutes as the other plants. Can't figure out what it needs. Could this be leaf septoria? The spots are rust, not yellow, but nothing else really fits either.

1678573464813.png

My brother has taken some cuttings. He has never tried cloning so I will not get my hopes up too high. He has another plant that isn’t as ‘aggressively saw bladed’ but is similar. Now I am wondering if any of the folks who have the same seeds on here will see similar plants. Pheno-hunters-start your engines. He is pretty confident the Mimosa cross is the batch that has these traits for those playing along at home…
It occurs to me this is your cross. Assuming we end up with a stable strain, what are you going to name it??

An interesting aside, it might fool LEO, but plant.id got it right on the first try...

1678624487829.png

It occurs to me this is your cross. Assuming we end up with a stable strain, what are you going to name it??

An interesting aside, it might fool LEO, but plant.id got it right on the first try...

View attachment 321951
I’m not feeling clever lately. Reminds me of a saw fish but that doesn’t sound like a good name for anything other than a saw fish…
FBD1494B-0A08-4246-90BD-288A640BE0A0.jpeg

Maybe whipsaw?
A30DB005-1204-4FA8-8363-3056D113B047.jpeg

Nah…

My one sprouting "female ABC" seed looks a LOT like a Freakshow plant. I did have an assortment of FS males when I was flowering its mother. But I'm not very interested in that combination. With my luck it will end up being a male anyway. Bye bye little ABC freak...

1678748262335.png

Then there's this thing. PH on run off was 6.0. Most of the other plants have been coming in a little higher, but not by a lot. My two PH meters are recently calibrated and agree with each other. Supposedly this leaf damage is caused by severe calcium or magnesium deficiency, so now I'm adding cal mag to my regular water <sigh>. I did check for rust mold, and it's not that.

I'm thinking it might be a candidate for early early outside planting. I don't expect much, but I don't want to just toss it. And it's in my way. Maybe what it really wants is cool weather : )

1678748211619.png

I also moved my male Supafreak back into the flower room which happens to still have the ABC mother plant in it. There might be enough time before harvest for it to make some seeds. I don't want them, but I'll collect them if it happens. I'm only really interested in the SF pollen. I still have plenty of ABC bud from the last harvest.

I started seeing brown spots on pretty much all my plants. Nothing like the pink mango, but still pretty annoying. Runoff PH everywhere was always between 5.9 and 6.3, so it couldn't be PH. I started adding GH cal-mag to the regular water schedule, 10 ml per gallon! And the brown spots have stopped showing up on new leaves.

I have been mixing MG and coco 50/50 to stop the nute burn on vegging plants, but I guess that caused a (probably) magnesium deficiency. Going to try just added epsom salt on a few plants to get the nute cost back down.

The pink mango isn't happy anywhere I put it, but it's at least out of the light in the big tent. I keep threatening to stick it outside, but we have a couple of freeze days coming up, and I don't have a box tall enough to cover it!

1679181739031.png

The big tent is full of plants again. I have CSM, THC Bomb (with ABC graft), ABC clones approach grafted together, 4 Big Sandy Holy Weed seedlings, 3 more THC Bomb clones, a Supafreak and a clone (gifted the other), Jelly Butter clone, Triple Grape X Triple Lemon, ABC x Freakshow, and the ugly pink mango auto. I also have a couple of mimosa X triple lemon seedlings hanging out with the veggies. The flower room just has an ABC around week 6, a male supafreak on week one after revegging, and an animal cookies auto seedling. I guess I'm slightly over my 4 plant limit : )

1679184187732.png

The CSM in the back left corner is looking a lot happier since I got up the nerve to remove all its giant leaves. I didn't like my prospects for clone cuttings, so I'm giving it another week or two before taking any.

The mimosa X triple lemon seedlings look normal, but @oldfogey8 mentioned his brother's plants took a long time to develop the serrated leaf pattern. The ABC fem I just started is already looking like another freak show, so I guess I don't have any female seeds after all.

1679184872895.png

So hoping to see that sawtooth pheno show up in your grow.
I have enough seeds to do a fairly large sib cross once all these others have been harvested (or when I find space for another tent!). If the pheno is in there, it should show up on the first pass. OF's brother has two like it already.

I have enough seeds to do a fairly large sib cross once all these others have been harvested (or when I find space for another tent!). If the pheno is in there, it should show up on the first pass. OF's brother has two like it already.
And it’s making it real hard to decide which of my beans I want to pop next, lol.

Sorry for my confusion He thinks the weird plants may be from a Mimosa x Mimosa seed run I did about 4 years ago. I didn’t think I sent him any but he sent a pic of the packet is gave him. This is a recent pic of the plant in flower. I don’t see much in the way of trichomes. It is still early(I think 3 weeks) though…

Sorry for my confusion He thinks the weird plants may be from a Mimosa x Mimosa seed run I did about 4 years ago. I didn’t think I sent him any but he sent a pic of the packet is gave him. This is a recent pic of the plant in flower. I don’t see much in the way of trichomes. It is still early(I think 3 weeks) though…
I'm betting/hoping your brother is confused. A sib cross is pretty unlikely to produce something that different. And if it did, that leaf pattern would be for sale all over the web by now. It's way more likely it's from two or more strains crossed. The triple lemon could be the source, or potentially the BSHW (assuming sandy is derived from sur) being the source of the freakshow pheno.

But hedging my bet, I'm going to order some Mimosa seeds as well : )

Latest posts

Back