Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OUCH! LOL
Cut down on the Meat bills

Not really. A teen vegan doesn't eat veggies. She ate processed foods that resemble meat and taste like shit. She cried the first time we went to a restaurant where the only vegan food available was a salad. We spent a fortune on vegan ice cream and pizza alone, never mind the million "energy" bars and almond milk products.

Not really. A teen vegan doesn't eat veggies. She ate processed foods that resemble meat and taste like shit. She cried the first time we went to a restaurant where the only vegan food available was a salad. We spent a fortune on vegan ice cream and pizza alone, never mind the million "energy" bars and almond milk products.
And now back is she back to normal so to say (what is normal) LOL

Busy day at work, so of course I'm procrastinating. I was trying to figure out just when the bugs got in the grow room. Here are the runt and mother plant on April 28. I had been putting them out during the day for a couple of weeks.

embug1.jpg

embug2.jpg

The mother plant is clean, but there are clear mite signs on the runt.

embug4.jpg

The next day I went to Puerto Rico for for a week, and I left the mother plant and runt inside right next to the intake to the grow tent. The night I returned I saw this in the grow tent.

embug5.jpg

And this on almost every leaf on the mother plant.

embug6.jpg

So the mites covered the mother plant and completely destroyed the plants in the grow tent in under 10 days mostly while I was away on vacation. Sneaky little bastards...

Busy day at work, so of course I'm procrastinating. I was trying to figure out just when the bugs got in the grow room. Here are the runt and mother plant on April 28. I had been putting them out during the day for a couple of weeks.

View attachment 297736
View attachment 297737

The mother plant is clean, but there are clear mite signs on the runt.

View attachment 297738

The next day I went to Puerto Rico for for a week, and I left the mother plant and runt inside right next to the intake to the grow tent. The night I returned I saw this in the grow tent.

View attachment 297739

And this on almost every leaf on the mother plant.

View attachment 297740

So the mites covered the mother plant and completely destroyed the plants in the grow tent in under 10 days mostly while I was away on vacation. Sneaky little bastards...
A week is fast to have them do that, you must not have seen them before you left I bet

I've been spraying Dr. earth 8004 on outside plants every night for several days. I went over the second/last EM auto in the yard carefully last night and found several dead two spots stuck to leaves, but no live ones. There are some mite signs, but only on old leaves. I also looked over the THC Bomb right next to the other one and found no mites and no leaf damage.

The 30X and 60X magnifiers I got make checking the leaves a lot easier and faster, so I check most of them now, and feel more confident I'm going over the entire leaf. I don't really see the eggs like with the microscope, but as long as I'm not seeing live bugs I am happy.

Going to start spraying every third day, probably all summer, but will change sprays periodically, some purchased like spinosad, but mostly stuff I make. Buying ready made sprays from Amazon is getting expensive. The various predator bugs I put out were also an expensive waste of time.

I'm wondering if I didn't chase away the bees - not that I've seen any this year at all. My heirloom tomatoes have been covered with blooms for weeks, but none have produced fruit. The cherry tomato plants are producing, but not like I am used to seeing. Maybe it's too early.

Yes you need to break the Life cycle
Kill the mites than kill the eggs or newly hatched mites so then can not lay new eggs
I spay as a preventative every other week for bugs and in between weeks with PM spray. (PWM white mold)the other week alternating them. each week at dusk.
Don't spray at full lights.

I've been spraying Dr. earth 8004 on outside plants every night for several days. I went over the second/last EM auto in the yard carefully last night and found several dead two spots stuck to leaves, but no live ones. There are some mite signs, but only on old leaves. I also looked over the THC Bomb right next to the other one and found no mites and no leaf damage.

The 30X and 60X magnifiers I got make checking the leaves a lot easier and faster, so I check most of them now, and feel more confident I'm going over the entire leaf. I don't really see the eggs like with the microscope, but as long as I'm not seeing live bugs I am happy.

Going to start spraying every third day, probably all summer, but will change sprays periodically, some purchased like spinosad, but mostly stuff I make. Buying ready made sprays from Amazon is getting expensive. The various predator bugs I put out were also an expensive waste of time.

I'm wondering if I didn't chase away the bees - not that I've seen any this year at all. My heirloom tomatoes have been covered with blooms for weeks, but none have produced fruit. The cherry tomato plants are producing, but not like I am used to seeing. Maybe it's too early.

maybe you need to spank those tomatoes?

shake the piss or in this case , the pollen out of those flowers

maybe you need to spank those tomatoes?

shake the piss or in this case , the pollen out of those flowers

I read that touching the flower with something that vibrates like an electric tooth brush causes them to open and release more pollen. Haven't tried it yet. Strange times when we have to simulate bees to pollinate our plants.

Last edited:
I read that touching the flower with something that vibrates like an electric tooth brush causes them to open and release more pollen. Haven't tried it yet. Strange times when we have to simulate bees to pollinate our plants.
Hippie420 knows all about toothbrushes

Hippie420 knows all about toothbrushes
Somebody say toothbrush?

Looking around at different buds there are more amber trichomes than I thought. On some of the lower buds only a few trichomes are amber, but the larger buds at the top have amber on at least 10% of the trichomes. I think the bright lighting is also washing it out some in the images. I took the day off tomorrow to start replacing our deck, but if it's raining I think I will go ahead and harvest rather than wait for Monday.

gsc_trichomes05.jpg

Anyone know what these black spots are on my apple seedling? That's a leaf magnified about 60 times. The white lines along the stem of the leaf appear to be web of some kind, but this doesn't look like mites. It's got powdery mildew as well. I thought I had finally gotten rid of it, but it came back. I grew it from a seed out of an apple I was eating, so it cost me nothing. I'm very close to tossing the thing.
applebugs.jpg

Anyone know what these black spots are on my apple seedling? That's a leaf magnified about 60 times. The white lines along the stem of the leaf appear to be web of some kind, but this doesn't look like mites. It's got powdery mildew as well. I thought I had finally gotten rid of it, but it came back. I grew it from a seed out of an apple I was eating, so it cost me nothing. I'm very close to tossing the thing.
View attachment 298136
I hope not spider mites…

Latest posts

Back