Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the Supafreak seedling. Good name for such a freaky little plant.

sf02.jpg

So this is day 30 since I planted the seed. I had to add a support wire, since the stem is still so thin. Also removed the two lowest branches.

I think it's time to up pot, maybe to a 5 gal felt pot. And no more Happy Frog. I'm going to use MG Twice as Big and see what happens.

View attachment 300879
Looking good crash. I guess mine may look like this in a month. looks like a crooked stem…

How’s your foot crash? Did you at least get to take a day of work?
It's a little swollen still, mostly bruising. The doc did a nice job on the stitches. I didn't even notice the 6th stitch she put on the other cut until I took the pic. Anyway, I'm working from home for a couple of days until the swelling subsides.

foot.jpg

The Early Miss rough trimmed and ready to chop. It only took about 10 minutes to run what's there through the auto trimmer. It wasn't as close as I would do it by hand, but good enough for baking. It's drying now on trays in the food dehydrator turned off.

em002.jpg

This is from a couple of weeks ago. It's now taller than me and I can see it over the privacy fence while standing in the street. I mentioned before I want to "top" it literally half way down, and plant the top half.

I could also try super cropping, but I'm not sure I can keep it below fence height all the way through flower. A third option is to mount a shelf near the top of the fence and grow some tall flowers there. I would prefer to just have two plants half as tall. Any strong opinions either way??

tall.jpg

LST the plant by gradually pulling the taller branches down with weights or tie downs hooked to the felt pot. Or dig a hole deep enough to get it below fence height and train from there. You could even lay it down on its side though watering and feeding would be more difficult. I have had plants in containers fall over and the growth just starts growing upward from there. I wouldn’t chop it in half.

Growing at almost a normal pace now. Haven't up potted yet. Thinking I should wait until I know if it's female. It's about time to remove the lower branches, though. They look deficient in Potassium. More Happy Frog nutrient lock, no doubt.

fs01.jpg

The THC Bomb is now in the ground. I buried it up to where the first branch was. It has a couple of feet to spare now before it's back above fence height. I used MG Twice as Big for the filler. Have to work on the LST this weekend.

thcb04.jpg

Supafreak is now outside with its sibling. I'll keep it under a dome for the first few days. Using MG this time. No more Happy Frog.

sf03.jpg

Crash I've use Happy Frog before my grow wasn't that good. I've been Using Fox Farm. I'll be potting some beans tomorrow in MG twice as big for the first time using MG. Good luck and Happy Growing.:)

Supafreak is now outside with its sibling. I'll keep it under a dome for the first few days. Using MG this time. No more Happy Frog.

View attachment 301137
Maybe I should put mine outside and they would grow faster. That new supafreak is no bigger than mine I think. Mine are still very slow to grow but are growing. Do you think they would be ok to go out now? They are only two inches high.
CABB5E17-5EC1-40F7-B2A7-2214B2CA8DA3.jpeg

Maybe I should put mine outside and they would grow faster. That new supafreak is no bigger than mine I think. Mine are still very slow to grow but are growing. Do you think they would be ok to go out now? They are only two inches high.
View attachment 301170
Yours are looking nice already. The supafreak is even smaller than yours. I have a plastic dome over it so it doesn't dry out in the sun. I put the first one out in partial shade, and it did fine. But I'm having an ant issue there, so I moved it into full sun with its (I hope) sister.

With our combined 4 plants we have a 94% chance of getting at least one female. If you get the only one I might be begging for a clone : )

Yours are looking nice already. The supafreak is even smaller than yours. I have a plastic dome over it so it doesn't dry out in the sun. I put the first one out in partial shade, and it did fine. But I'm having an ant issue there, so I moved it into full sun with its (I hope) sister.

With our combined 4 plants we have a 94% chance of getting at least one female. If you get the only one I might be begging for a clone : )

Ok I just put them outside. I have two of these planters on my porch reserved for them. I thought they would look beautiful with marigolds planted I them. Yes I will definitely hold a clone for you if I happen to get a girl.
2375B661-141F-4D71-81AA-FC558188DB94.jpeg
D8DE20AC-6BFD-4105-B4B2-A71B96F03D2F.jpeg

My poor supafreak was laying on it's side when I checked it this afternoon. The heat was too much for it. It's back inside for now cooling its roots under dimmed lights. When it recovers I'll brave the ants and put it in the partial shade I should have done originally. Anyway, not many ants left after they found all the bait traps.

Birds and rabbits are my new pests. The birds want to taste every tomato and the rabbit(s) just take the whole tomato. It could also be rats, I'm told.

I've added some netting, but they are still getting in. Going to take some work to protect all those plants. Maybe I will leave a couple out in the open so they will leave the protected ones alone. I can also target them easier that way : )

Got this from the seller of the other mutant seeds I ordered:

"Please note - if this is an INTERNATIONAL shipment - we have taken special precautions to protect your seeds. They have been placed in air tight micro containers. We have then inserted those containers into the WHITE FOAM PACKING PEANUTS. Please be sure to tear open each foam peanut to find all your seeds."

I have this image in my head of someone counting out seeds, "one, two three....", and pushing each one into its own foam peanut for shipping. Hilarious.

Latest posts

Back