Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, Supafreak is dead. I would start some more, but it's looking more and more likely I will be working in Germany most of the summer. I can find a home for freakshow, but probably not a bunch of seedlings. Hopefully I can get my neighbor to water the THC Bomb I put in the ground along with all the veggies.

Day 39, sure does grow slow.

fs10.jpg

fs11.jpg

At least it’s still growing. Germany? Wow all summer? Sounds like an adventure

It could be two weeks, but more likely all summer. Either way, it will be a marathon work trip. I won't have time for much adventure.

I spent a couple of years there in the early 90's and had a great time, but now I'm old, married and out of shape. Drinking is out, chasing women is out and the weekend biking trips I used to love are out. Only thing left to do is work : )

It could be two weeks, but more likely all summer. Either way, it will be a marathon work trip. I won't have time for much adventure.

I spent a couple of years there in the early 90's and had a great time, but now I'm old, married and out of shape. Drinking is out, chasing women is out and the weekend biking trips I used to love are out. Only thing left to do is work : )
Well I hope there is some extra bennies in it for you at least

I seem to have a major varmint problem. Something has been eating as many as 4 large tomatoes every night. These are plants in a 30 gallon dutch bucket with bird netting around it.

I wrapped chicken wire around the bottom so it couldn't go under, and last night it climbed up and ripped open the bird netting to get in. But it only ate one tomato.

I have cherry tomato plants in pots, though, also with netting over them. ALL of the red cherry tomatoes were gone this morning, maybe 15-20 tomatoes. The pots, stakes and lower branches were also trampled.

It has to be rabbits, dead ones if catch them in my yard. Hopefully I do better than Mr. Fudd : )

I seem to have a major varmint problem. Something has been eating as many as 4 large tomatoes every night. These are plants in a 30 gallon dutch bucket with bird netting around it.

I wrapped chicken wire around the bottom so it couldn't go under, and last night it climbed up and ripped open the bird netting to get in. But it only ate one tomato.

I have cherry tomato plants in pots, though, also with netting over them. ALL of the red cherry tomatoes were gone this morning, maybe 15-20 tomatoes. The pots, stakes and lower branches were also trampled.

It has to be rabbits, dead ones if catch them in my yard. Hopefully I do better than Mr. Fudd : )
I don’t think rabbits could bust the bird netting especially up high. You need to set up your night camera

Going to get a couple of cheap cameras from Walmart today. We have rabbits, raccoons, possum and foxes that I've seen this summer, but so far not in my yard. Don't think my BB gun can take out a raccoon or even a fox. Might need to thread an oil filter on the end of my .22...

Hippie, you're probably right. Last year there was a large rabbit that would plunder our raised bed daily. I sort of liked seeing it, so let it eat its fill, even planted some lettuce in the yard for it. But it never went near the tomatoes. Just went for the spinach and lettuce and the occasional carrot or radish.

Apparently there have been possum sightings in my yard recently. Decided against the security camera and set up a live trap. I can take a picture in the morning. I hope it likes marshmallows. I know raccoons would, but not sure about possum. I didn't want to use bait our cat would like.

The tomato marauders were a no show last night. I think the fireworks kept them at home. Either that or the cage with marshmallows scared them off...

cageempty.jpg

The little freakshow didn't like the heat yesterday. It was still getting over all the extra water from the rain last week, then the leaves started to brown very quickly yesterday. I moved it to a five gallon felt pot, and when I took it from the plastic one the soil felt uncomfortably hot. I gave it some shade until is looks better.

fs12.jpg

fs13.jpg

The tomato marauders were a no show last night. I think the fireworks kept them at home. Either that or the cage with marshmallows scared them off...

View attachment 301973

The little freakshow didn't like the heat yesterday. It was still getting over all the extra water from the rain last week, then the leaves started to brown very quickly yesterday. I moved it to a five gallon felt pot, and when I took it from the plastic one the soil felt uncomfortably hot. I gave it some shade until is looks better.

View attachment 301974

View attachment 301975
Finicky…

The THC Bomb had again grown to fence height. From the street I had to jump slightly to see it, but it wouldn't have been long before the kids could see it. So I finally took the time to start LST and do some pruning.

There are also some marigold seedlings coming up at the base. Not sure if they will help or are even needed. The damage from pests is pretty minimal. Going to hit it with spinosad again tonight, though.

thcb05.jpg

Latest posts

Back