Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The tomato marauders were a no show last night. I think the fireworks kept them at home. Either that or the cage with marshmallows scared them off...

View attachment 301973

The little freakshow didn't like the heat yesterday. It was still getting over all the extra water from the rain last week, then the leaves started to brown very quickly yesterday. I moved it to a five gallon felt pot, and when I took it from the plastic one the soil felt uncomfortably hot. I gave it some shade until is looks better.

View attachment 301974

View attachment 301975
I gave mine a bigger pot today too. Added a bit more perlite and gave them a sip of nutes. They didn’t have many roots started which I expected. Didn’t land them in their final pot yet. They are still babies we will see if they start growing any better with the blue juice.

I gave mine a bigger pot today too. Added a bit more perlite and gave them a sip of nutes. They didn’t have many roots started which I expected. Didn’t land them in their final pot yet. They are still babies we will see if they start growing any better with the blue juice.
7B41522B-8B19-48CA-89F0-5B1D99556D8B.jpeg

Freak show is back inside due to the coming storms. I'm not doing so well trying to keep outside plants separate from inside plants. It's sitting within 3 feet of two Auto Caramelicious seedlings I started solely to test the room for spider mites <sigh>.

Oh crash we are neighbors and you just made me worry about my little freaks that have to stay outside in the storms now. I can’t bring them into my veg tent as I don’t want anything that’s been outside in there with my clone experiments. It’s still clean with no thrips 🤣. I moved them under some shelter but they will still be exposed to the storms. Hopefully it will make them stronger…

Oh crash we are neighbors and you just made me worry about my little freaks that have to stay outside in the storms now. I can’t bring them into my veg tent as I don’t want anything that’s been outside in there with my clone experiments. It’s still clean with no thrips 🤣. I moved them under some shelter but they will still be exposed to the storms. Hopefully it will make them stronger…
Mine lived in a cardboard box with a light fixture a few inches above them yesterday because we had no sun and lots of rain. The box is in my basement and is semi-cat proof. I understand not wanting to chance it by bringing anything inside. Bugs in a tent blow. Maybe you could stash them in your garage for the next storm?

I considered making a covered greenhouse/box to stake down over it, but I also have three young apple trees that will be coming in during bad storms. Two of those were around when the spider mites were at their worst, so if anything still has them it's those trees. Anyway, I believe I have beaten the mite infestation, and think I could beat them again if they get in the grow room.

I considered making a covered greenhouse/box to stake down over it, but I also have three young apple trees that will be coming in during bad storms. Two of those were around when the spider mites were at their worst, so if anything still has them it's those trees. Anyway, I believe I have beaten the mite infestation, and think I could beat them again if they get in the grow room.
Hopefully you don’t catch the mite ‘vid again, crash. You have done your penance and said your hail maryjanes…

Same thing I was thinking.
I think my plants do better when I don’t pamper them. they may also enjoy a little abuse as well as the ones in the flower tent were tortured with bends clamps and nets not to mention a case of the thrips and are bulking up with beautiful sticky buds.
I think I got a hold of the thrip problem. haven't seen any for a few days on the traps.
i did move the little freak pots under the deck railing to help protect them if we got a downpour tho. I can’t tell if they enjoyed the nutes i gave them except for the fact they didn’t die and are still green. 🙃I’ll probably give them another sip next watering

Attachments

• 4034716A-8A6A-47FF-88D9-F6D24E3CB30D.jpeg
    4034716A-8A6A-47FF-88D9-F6D24E3CB30D.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 3
I think my plants do better when I don’t pamper them. they may also enjoy a little abuse as well as the ones in the flower tent were tortured with bends clamps and nets not to mention a case of the thrips and are bulking up with beautiful sticky buds.
I think I got a hold of the thrip problem. haven't seen any for a few days on the traps.
i did move the little freak pots under the deck railing to help protect them if we got a downpour tho. I can’t tell if they enjoyed the nutes i gave them except for the fact they didn’t die and are still green. 🙃I’ll probably give them another sip next watering

Yours are definitely growing faster than mine.

I feel obligated to review these guys, White Widow seed bank.

I ordered 15 seeds, mutant seeds actually. ABC, ABC x Stealth Fighter, Stealth Fighter and Chainsaw Massacre. I got one extra seed I forget which, plus around 10 "mystery feminized" seeds I can give away.

This is what they sent me... And yes, the seeds were stuffed into those peanuts for me to find like it was Easter. I hope I'm not giving away their stealth shipping secrets. It's not like anyone is seizing seeds anymore.

seedsmorgasborg.jpg

There's a couple of packs of rolling papers, a rolling machine, a vape device, two 62% humid packs, an electronic temp/humid meter, a book of PH strips, a bud grinder and some accessories I can't identify. I'm not complaining, really I'm not, but I would have preferred a lower price to all this stuff I will never use. Maybe that was the point : ) Oh yeah, the keyboard wasn't included.

I moved my poor freak show back inside yet again. It must feel like the child of divorcees getting dropped off at different locations all the time. It's stretching it's branches up like it's happy, but there are a lot of brown leaves at the bottom I'm going to have to cut off soon. I'm a bad foster parent, I admit it.

No possum/coon yet again today. No tomatoes swiped. Maybe it was trapped once before and runs away when it sees one now.

Tomatoes are turning red every day. I have a dozen or more large heritage and maybe 10 cherry tomatoes. The annoying part is the night-day temperature change is splitting every heritage tomato as soon as it starts turning red. I have the reservoir buried, so it's not the hydro water I'm feeding it with, just the temperature change in the air. Not sure how to resolve it.

I feel obligated to review these guys, White Widow seed bank.

I ordered 15 seeds, mutant seeds actually. ABC, ABC x Stealth Fighter, Stealth Fighter and Chainsaw Massacre. I got one extra seed I forget which, plus around 10 "mystery feminized" seeds I can give away.

This is what they sent me... And yes, the seeds were stuffed into those peanuts for me to find like it was Easter. I hope I'm not giving away their stealth shipping secrets. It's not like anyone is seizing seeds anymore.

View attachment 302487

There's a couple of packs of rolling papers, a rolling machine, a vape device, two 62% humid packs, an electronic temp/humid meter, a book of PH strips, a bud grinder and some accessories I can't identify. I'm not complaining, really I'm not, but I would have preferred a lower price to all this stuff I will never use. Maybe that was the point : ) Oh yeah, the keyboard wasn't included.
That’s some pretty good marketing Crash. I do like the seeds in the peanuts tho 😊

So my animal trap has caught nothing, not with marshmallows, not with cat food, not with left over steak bones. But the electronic rat trap I put int he garage has taken out two mice and two rats and now sits empty. Since my tomatoes have been left largely untouched since then, I'm thinking it must have been the rats. As soon as it dries out, I think I'll put the trap away.

Latest posts

Back