Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I gave in and moved freak show into the grow room with the two test plants. If I end up with bugs again, at least the grow room is easy to clean and fumigate. I have a portable AC vented through the wall keeping the room below 80 degrees. Even with two TS3000 lights it doesn't run very much. If I could stop poking my nose in and leaving the door open, it would run a lot less.

gr01.jpg

I also trimmed the damaged/burned branches off the bottom, just left the one holding up the wire tie.
fs14.jpg

I was going to top it, but from the top it looks like it's branching out in several directions. Looking at the pic I think those are just leaves, but I decided to wait a few more days to see what happens.

fs15.jpg

I also trimmed the damaged/burned branches off the bottom, just left the one holding up the wire tie.
View attachment 302629

I was going to top it, but from the top it looks like it's branching out in several directions. Looking at the pic I think those are just leaves, but I decided to wait a few more days to see what happens.

View attachment 302630
Looking at that top view kinda makes me dizzy.

This was my top view this morning. I brought them in from the rain. Y’all made me feel like a bad mom leaving them out there…
ED7B75C1-0EFB-420D-A43C-3371F60614A9.jpeg

The tomato marauder returned last night, but only chomped one tomato. It knocked off a few smaller green ones, though, on its climb to the tasty fruit higher up.
tom01.jpg

Then I went in the garage and checked the rat trap. And here is one well fed rat...

rat01.jpg

It made me think of Goldilocks and the three bears, "someone's been sleeping in my bed, and she's still there". Anyway, that trap could hold a squirrel. Outside of Cuba, that's the biggest rat I've ever seen in person.

The tomato marauder returned last night, but only chomped one tomato. It knocked off a few smaller green ones, though, on its climb to the tasty fruit higher up.
View attachment 302751
Then I went in the garage and checked the rat trap. And here is one well fed rat...

View attachment 302752

It made me think of Goldilocks and the three bears, "someone's been sleeping in my bed, and she's still there". Anyway, that trap could hold a squirrel. Outside of Cuba, that's the biggest rat I've ever seen in person.
I guess someone built a better rat trap. That thing is the size of a cat. Cripes that is healthy looking(aside from being dead)…

I guess someone built a better rat trap. That thing is the size of a cat. Cripes that is healthy looking(aside from being dead)…
Four C batteries are good for four rats. Not as cheap as a mechanical trap, but a lot less messy, and no poisoned carcass for the cat to eat and puke up all over the house.

View attachment 302751

View attachment 302752my eleron

What trap is that all my zapper traps never killed them

What trap is that all my zapper traps never killed them

OWLTRA OW-1

51ZyCSjFAjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They also have a smaller one for mice, but this one kills both. Once the light showing it had been triggered was on, and whatever triggered it had eaten all the cracked corn bait and left without a trace. That's how I learned to change the batteries after four kills...

OWLTRA OW-1

51ZyCSjFAjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

They also have a smaller one for mice, but this one kills both. Once the light showing it had been triggered was on, and whatever triggered it had eaten all the cracked corn bait and left without a trace. That's how I learned to change the batteries after four kills...
On Amazon, the description said it kills up to 60 rats on 4 C cells. Your experience confirmed my suspicions. Judging by the size of the rat you caught, it would chuckle at a traditional spring loaded rat trap.

Looks like my Germany trip has been changed from all summer to two weeks in August. The time to go kept slipping making me worry they would ask me to go over for the holidays. That would have really sucked. Now I feel safe sprouting some more mutant seeds...

Latest posts

Back