Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Topping Freakshow seems to be working the same as it does with less freaky plants.

fs19.jpg
fs20.jpg

I also sprouted some actual marigolds in the same pot to keep it company. Still don't know if it's male of female, or something even more... freaky.
fs21.jpg

Two Supafreaks and an Australian Bastard all sprouted with no issues. Sprouting in dirt is quikly becoming my favorite method...
abc01.jpg

Taking my niece and nephew, 17, twins, to Tribal Axe. Went last year and no one lost any fingers or toes. With luck that trend will continue. My nephew took his sister and my wife over a huge wave on the jet ski yesterday and my wife was thrown off, and is now limping around with a badly swollen knee. Hopefully they will be more careful today : )

Day 60, wondering when the little marigolds will catch up. Still have some yellowing of the lower leaves, but I think it's all old damage now. The new leaves look fine, that is aside from being balled up and twisted together. I saw what look like female pistils this morning, but didn't get a usable image. I'll try again after work.

fs03.jpg

The two Auto Caramelicious plants I started for a bug check, day 17. Topped them both 5 days ago. The mat is just to protect arthritic knees while kneeling. I was going to trim the lower leaves, but decided it could wait until I wasn't already late for work.

carm01.jpg

That Freak looks like a candidate for topiary. Maybe train her to look like a spider mite? I had a plant like that years ago that just wanted to be a ball. Mine never flowered. I am happy your is throwing up some pistils for all the hard work you have put in to her.

Wow Fogey is right a topiary for sure. Stem too looks like a bamboo the white is fatting up at the bottom. That good to see too. I’m glad to see growth in yours. I’m planning on sinking mine into bigger pots with some goodies in the dirt for their roots But am still happy they show no yellowing of leaves, are still a nice color green and show micro growth each day although I have to break out calipers to measure them 😂

That Freak looks like a candidate for topiary. Maybe train her to look like a spider mite? I had a plant like that years ago that just wanted to be a ball. Mine never flowered. I am happy your is throwing up some pistils for all the hard work you have put in to her.
It's starting to look a little like a face from one angle. If it forms a mouth and starts talking, it's out of here... : )

The larger Auto Caramelicious has some yellowing. Not sure what I did to make that happen.

crml02.jpg

I saw an ad for a "clone ball" that was a plastic ball you could fill with dirt and snap over a branch. I thought it was a cool idea, but they wanted too much for it. I thought I would make my own. I filled it with rockwool soaked in Mycos flavored water. The ad said to wait 15 days, so I'll give it a couple of weeks and see what happens. I was going to remove that branch anyway. I'll probably have to add water occasionally, but not sure.

thcb07.jpg

You may have stumbled upon a variegated plant. You know how to pick ‘em…

Congrats on the female. I can’t tell from the picture but I’m happy for you.
That would be cool. Maybe it will give me something useful for BOTM contest later...

I saw an ad for a "clone ball" that was a plastic ball you could fill with dirt and snap over a branch. I thought it was a cool idea, but they wanted too much for it. I thought I would make my own. I filled it with rockwool soaked in Mycos flavored water. The ad said to wait 15 days, so I'll give it a couple of weeks and see what happens. I was going to remove that branch anyway. I'll probably have to add water occasionally, but not sure.

View attachment 303601
I think I have seen people do something similar when they graft a branch from one tree onto another. The concept makes sense and may work more consistently since the branch is still getting its needs met by the rest of the plant. That is a professional looking setup. You should market it. Crash’s Clone Clips or something like that…

Latest posts

Back