Crash Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I trust my immune system. I figure if they didn't kill whoever left the germs behind, they won't kill me either. I'm much more careful about what I expose my cannabis plants to than I am with my own body, and look what keeps happening to them : )

Here's the Auto Caramelicious that didn't attempt suicide over the weekend. It received the exact same nutes as the other in the exact same quantities, and I've confirmed they were both potted in Happy Frog.

The bright yellow stripes have been on it since about the second week. It's almost as big as Freakshow now, which isn't saying much. And it's had most of the inner nodes pruned, but that's all.

Since both the autos were intended for bug checks I've been going over every leaf I remove very closely. So far I haven't found any bugs other than a couple of spiders.

crml07.jpg

crml08.jpg

So here's the other Auto Caramelicious plant. The one with suicidal tendencies. I removed about 50% of the fan leaves because after two days they were crispy brown. I also flushed it with about 10 gallons of tap water, then left it in the sun to dry out. Then I watered it with 25% nutes at PH 6.2 and stuck it back in the sun. Then trimmed it some more. Maybe it found a big chunk of bat guano and tried to swallow it, I dunno. I've done about all I can do for it for now. If it survives the week, I have a 3 gallon fabric pot ready for it.

crml09.jpg

Here's the Supafreak (the big one) in its 5 gallon home, and growing like it knows it's a weed. Topped it this morning, and sort of took too much off. Might make it look even stranger.

sf09.jpg

Here's the Auto Caramelicious that didn't attempt suicide over the weekend. It received the exact same nutes as the other in the exact same quantities, and I've confirmed they were both potted in Happy Frog.

The bright yellow stripes have been on it since about the second week. It's almost as big as Freakshow now, which isn't saying much. And it's had most of the inner nodes pruned, but that's all.

Since both the autos were intended for bug checks I've been going over every leaf I remove very closely. So far I haven't found any bugs other than a couple of spiders.

View attachment 304889
View attachment 304890
That looks like variegation to me. If I say that on another plant in a garden center, I would assume it was variegated.

https://www.mrgrowit.com/post/variegation-in-cannabis-plants

This thing just won't stop growing taller. It can be 72 inches, no more. I had to go out and bend it more tonight after I discovered one branch at 79 inches. It's now at 68 inches, but will probably be too tall again by the weekend, and it's putting my okra in shade. Thinking of hanging some weights on the smaller branches, so the moment arm will increase as they grow. Worried my wife will hack it down if it gets too tall while I'm in Germany. Maybe I should have let the thrips stunt its growth instead of hosing it down with Spinosad...

thcb11.jpg

This thing just won't stop growing taller. It can be 72 inches, no more. I had to go out and bend it more tonight after I discovered one branch at 79 inches. It's now at 68 inches, but will probably be too tall again by the weekend, and it's putting my okra in shade. Thinking of hanging some weights on the smaller branches, so the moment arm will increase as they grow. Worried my wife will hack it down if it gets too tall while I'm in Germany. Maybe I should have let the thrips stunt its growth instead of hosing it down with Spinosad...

View attachment 304914
I wonder if you threw some netting over the plant and staked it down a bit that way. @bigsur51 has netting that looks like it does a good job.

I wonder if you threw some netting over the plant and staked it down a bit that way. @bigsur51 has netting that looks like it does a good job.
Might work. I have some bird netting, but I probably need something with larger squares. The ones that stick through the holes will probably still need more bending, though.

Found some netting with 2.4" squares. Not sure I'll use it yet, but it was only $16 from Amazon. Might be an interesting way to line up the flowers next year. They are lying all over the ground this year.

good luck keeping those girls tied down…lol…some would say that is a good problem to have

looks variegated to me too , genetics…..we grew some chocolate diesel that had lemon lime leaves , looks cool as all get out

I have scissors. 2.4 can easily become 4.8 where it's needed. Have to keep the branches below the top of the fence, though. If I end up having to super crop, I'll need a clamp to crush the stem enough to bend it. That bark is like hardwood.

Thinking I might tryout my silver nitrate on the variegated auto and see if I can make seeds with the same trait. It will be good practice for the freak show. Never used the stuff on anything but me...

I have scissors. 2.4 can easily become 4.8 where it's needed. Have to keep the branches below the top of the fence, though. If I end up having to super crop, I'll need a clamp to crush the stem enough to bend it. That bark is like hardwood.

Thinking I might tryout my silver nitrate on the variegated auto and see if I can make seeds with the same trait. It will be good practice for the freak show. Never used the stuff on anything but me...
Document the silver nitrate thing crash so we can see it. I like the variegated one. Like another freakish one

A little off topic. My daughter, who recently graduated from law school, is trying to convince me that mailing cannabis seeds in the US is a class A federal crime. I sent her a link showing what the DEA considers cannabis, but she is quoting the US justice dept. I don't have her link yet.

Not that I really care. I have purchased schedule 1 drugs from Russia as recently as last week. I'm mostly interested in winning an argument with my daughter. Just curious.... : )

Forget the seeds, I wanna hear more about the Rooski drugs! 🤪
LOL It's probably not what you think. I self administer hormone replacement therapy, testosterone. It's a schedule one drug, that costs me $35 twice a year on the black market plus $85 for blood tests 3 times a year. The Rooskis made it easy to purchase. Nothing more.

I've had seeds confiscated twice and all they do is send a letter saying we took your seeds and destroyed them. By law no seeds of any kind can be shipped across borders. It's some kinda Agriculture law. They can't prove that you ordered them. Anybody could get your address and send you seeds without your permission.

Latest posts

Back